PDA

View Full Version : Juice Attitude question with backdown

Bill Harper
10-15-2003, 17:12
I have the Juice Attitude combo, I am happy with it, and am receiving another box soon due to the fact that my EGT display is not working, they say it is the box. Anyways my question is, has anyone pressed the enter key two times or maybe three times really fast when the attitude is on the display screen? I did this on accident going over a bump, and all of sudden it was flashing and truck was running weird. So I tried it again and if pressed twice quickly there is some type of setup for backdown, with a scale of 0 to 30 that can be set. Anyone have a clue as to what this does or what this is for?
I don't know if it is because my box is supposably faulty or what. Just Curious ;) ;)

Max Power
10-15-2003, 17:43
I discovered that too. It says disable backdown if I remember correctly. I assume this was a feature that didn't make production and isn't fully enabled. I think what it was intended for was to disable the backdown if the EGT's are too high. I find that if I change to different #'s from 0 - 30 I get different results. Some make the power level indicater flash and you can not change it. Then when you set it to a different # 0 -30 it changes the power level and unlocks it. I would be really intertested to see what it does or what it is supposed to do.

sdaver
10-15-2003, 17:48
according to aaron its a countdown timer to disable the egt funtion with the 30 being 30 minutes.......otherwise with the egt hooked up the max egt on a 1/4 mile run would be 1500 degrees and then the module would cut back the fuel to lower the egt.........dave

Max Power
10-15-2003, 17:54
Just the truck itself I can't get the EGT's to go over 1450 with pyro mounted in pass. side manifold. That is full throttle from 0-top end.

Bill Harper
10-15-2003, 17:54
sdaver, that is what I thought to but was not sure, it seemed as though it made my truck run weird though, might of just been in my head though seems I was not sure what happened the first time I saw the level indicator flashing, and realized I could not switch the levels. So you think that it is minutes, or know that it is. Looks as though it is a feature that I will not use much. Thanks for the info. ;)

Max Power
10-15-2003, 19:29
Looks like it is minutes. I never took it out for a blast to see if it actually works or not. I set it for 1 minute and the indicater flashed for 1 minute. That is the extent of my testing though. :cool:

SmokeyMax
10-16-2003, 03:52
I took a look at the manual...I think it said that when you disable egt backdown for 30-seconds it puts you into the 125 HP setting. I guess Ms Attitude thinks it time to get it on!

Max Power
10-16-2003, 04:10
I must have an older manual. Mine doesn't say a a word about that feature.

SmokeyMax
10-16-2003, 17:44
I might be wrong on the last message but the picture in the book shows the attitude in level 5.

Trippin
10-16-2003, 19:10
I found that whenever I entered a value on the backdown screen it sent my truck into a blinking level 5 condition. I couldn't reset it to another level unless I turned off the ignition. Hope this helps.