PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a good chuckle????

chicoc48
09-03-2002, 17:25
Just happened across this somewhat irritating article on my daily surf around the net. Obviously the truck is not a D-max, and it is directly from a F#$d page, but it still just rubbed me the wrong way. Anyone care to straighten this guy out?? :D :rolleyes:

http://www.offroad.com/ford/questions/2002_09/
All in good fun, I suppose!

ram/tx
09-03-2002, 17:42
That guy wouldn't know a Duramax if he seen one. You can look at that suppose to be a duramax and tell it is only a 2500 HD, no Duramax sign above the 2500 HD. He just wishes he had a Duramax instead of that PSD. Some people just can't help themself to look bad in public. :D :D

Paintdude
09-03-2002, 18:17
Where can I get one of those 7 speed Duramax`s???

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

Rebel_Horseman
09-03-2002, 18:25
That's not even a 2500HD. If you look at the body height the truck is shorter than a HD and look closely at the door, you will notice that the emblem is too short in length. The day a PSD can't beat the pants off a light duty gas burner is the day International needs to get out of the truck motor business. Some people are truly ignorant and they look even worse when they prove their ignorance in a public manner.

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-03-2002, 18:39
Sounds to me that the the author of the article has an insecurity problem. He made two mistakes as far as I can see. The first one is he bought F**D and is obviously insecure in his purchase. I didn't think those PSD's could do 90mph empty :eek:

Second mistake is he doesn't know a thing about a Duramax, obviously I wish I had known about the 7 speed Allison as I would have ordered one. I'm sure that Allison would like to know where he got one as well.

ONE WORD FOR THAT GUY&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; LOSER!!!! :mad:

GMC ;)

wangotango
09-03-2002, 20:04
The Ford P-Stroke is a tremendous engine. Has proved it's worth all over the place for years now.

But I do have a problem with a site that has departments which include "Disco Trucks".

w/t
......(stayin' alive)

TBC
09-03-2002, 20:23
If you double click on the Chev picture it will zoom out and it is real clear what this truck is. It is 1500 4X4 which has a 5.3 liter gas engine at best. It also has a significant load in the bed. The PSD was darn near out run by a loaded small block gas engine. I wrote the idiot told him of the errors of his ways.

FRMLPLR
09-03-2002, 20:55
I agree with all the responses above. I responded to Fidel Gonzales, the author of the fabrication at ford@off-road.com. I will also send a copy to his editor. If you read his statements, you will realize that this is not the type of individual that believes in "Tread Lightly!" and is not the type of person that would associate with members of this forum.

His ignorance will be his downfall! redface.gif

SoCalDMAX
09-03-2002, 22:36
I wouldn

DogDays
09-04-2002, 11:58
SoCalDMAX

The wife figured out how to get one of those 7 speed Allison's. She say's next time we are towing she will stick her right leg out the passenger side and kick like He** while I stick my left leg out and do the same. What the heck, that is probably the only way we can get a 7 speed with these $45,000 1500 DMAX's. ;) ;)

bluenote
09-04-2002, 12:30
dogdays-

That is a very Flinstonian approach to solve the 7 speed problem! Using your wife's method, we could also advertised improved grade-braking if you just dig your heels into the pavement to help keep the speed in check.

DogDays
09-04-2002, 14:33
bluenote;

That is probably going to be her great idea for next week. She is the one who thought "Nerf" bars are what you use to hit nerf balls with.

:eek:

bluenote
09-04-2002, 19:31
I went back to the article to read it to my wife, and lo and behold, there has been some editing. The "7 speed" Duramax is now a 5 speed. I wonder when this moron will also figure out that the pic (which I'm sure had nothing to do with this fictional event), isn't of a 2500HD/Duramax and edit that to show a different truck??

LOL, PSD guys, sometimes ya' just gotta wonder!!

DmaxMaverick
09-05-2002, 04:08
All of my PSD buddies get a kick out of beating up on 5.3's. They don't even talk about getting whipped by the 6.0's, not to mention the 496's. Duramax is a sour subject, so we don't even go there, as we treasure our friendship.

That story is just another one about the near-sighted, deaf, and toothless hog caller that left his glasses, hearing aid and dentures on the bathroom sink at the motel 6 after the fair. BTW, that's no jeep in the trailer. That's his blue ribbon winning squeeler. The other truck is just his brother-in-law/brother with the red ribbon winner.

**If anyone takes any offense to this....have I got a bridge just for you**

FirstDiesel
09-05-2002, 04:24
The guy is sad. He lies in his story and then edits out some of the lies and doesn't even indicate he edited it.

Vivayo
09-05-2002, 06:15
I suspect he's living in a parallel universe, the one where I-95 runs through Utah (and PSDs outrun Duramaxes - even if they do have 7 speeds). In my universe, I-95 runs from Florida to Maine and, unless someone moved it last night, Utah isn't on the right side of the continent.

GMC D-Max
09-05-2002, 07:49
Yeah, he's a bonehead. Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent him:

You're an idiot.
First question: Is your Powdersmoke "bombed"? Because that's the only way you're going to outpull a stock Duramax (except when the speeds approach triple digits). The Duramax is electronically limited to 97 mph, which, of course, you probably
don't know, just as you don't know that the duramax does not have a "7-speed". It only comes with a ZF 6-speed manual trans, or the 5-speed Allison automatic. Get yer facts straight, then try coming up with a more plausible daydream. And, should you come across a Duramax with a reprogrammed PCM or a power module, better have your hanky ready, cause yer gonna be cryin' on your dashboard!
Regards,

Also, how does he know it's equipped with an Allison? Did he get close enough to look inside??
I looked at the pictures several times, and while the Chevy is at least a 2500 (look closely, it has 8-lug wheels), I don't see any Duramax Diesel emblems above the model badge on the door. This guy must have his exhaust piped right into the cab!

Vivayo brought up a point that I missed, too. I-95 IS on the east coast. Maybe he meant I-5, and got his highway number mixed up with the reading on his speedo where his intercooler hose blew off?

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
09-05-2002, 08:28
GMC G-Dmax,

Good email, let's see if you get a reply. On the 8-lug issue, I've been seeing a lot of 1500HDs lately. I don't know what their ratings are, but they do have the 8 lug wheels. I had no clue where I-95 was but good catch to all who noticed. It makes sense, (theoretically) even numbered highways run E-W and odd numbered run N-S, but a few snake around some.

There were so many glaring errors in this story, it might be a published version of "Trolling". In which case we've been hooked...

Regards, Steve

Regards, Steve

R Waller
09-05-2002, 11:02
you guys are as sad and pathetic as the dude your flaming..
grow up, its fun.

SoCalDMAX
09-05-2002, 11:13
So you admit that the writer (a PSD owner) is sad and pathetic. That's a good start.

We're just concerned that some gullible person might rush out to sell his brand new (insert brand here) truck to get that awesome 7 speed Allison tranny. Or take I-95 westbound and end up in FL. :eek:

We're having fun too.

wanderer23
09-05-2002, 12:22
I'll not comment on Felix's bigger stick attitude in his writing, however this pinhead should know his trucks. I mean being an important internet author, and all. :( Talk about mistaken identity. Taking a light duty 2500 for an HD is unaceptable. I guess the 6.0 gave him a run for the money! Note the two-tone paint, not available on the HDs. And, as everyone else commented, no Duramax badge. I'm so embaressed for the human race. tongue.gif

Mike

GMC D-Max
09-05-2002, 12:41
"you guys are as sad and pathetic as the dude your flaming..
grow up, its fun."

Awww, c'mon! You've never sat around with your buddies that drive other makes, and a case of beer, and flame each other 'til the cows come home'? Tit-for-tat! It's fun!

Hey, I would've bought a F**d, too, if it didn't have less power, lousy tranny, rough ride, horid interior, noisy as heck............. :D

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-05-2002, 19:29
.......... :eek:

Maybe we could send him a picture of the Hitch Plug that says "Remove to tow a FORD". :D

Actually I'd be interested if that guy even owns a newer truck.

If he isn't a fictional writer he should be, man can he throw some B**L-S**T around.

As far as flaming the guy, so what, if you wanna make statements like that at least get the facts straight first. 7 speed :rolleyes: .

" Hey, I would've bought a F**d, too, if it didn't have less power, lousy tranny, rough ride, horid interior, noisy as heck............. :D "

Couldn't have said it better GMC D-Max ;)

GMC :D

SoCalDMAX
09-05-2002, 21:18
Hold on, lemme go get my beer! ;)

Steve

DmaxMaverick
09-06-2002, 01:52
Quote:
"you guys are as sad and pathetic as the dude your flaming..
grow up, its fun."

Aw, heck. Ifn I growd up enny mor, Ill hafta adda rume on da traler.

It's all in fun. Don't spoil it.