PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Cat Question

PBR
09-04-2002, 12:45
i have had my new truck for about a month now and i LOVE it, but here is my question:
i live in tree huggin california so i have a truck with a cat, if i take the cat off and straight pipe it or buy an exhaust system is it going to void my warranty???

and here is a question for any southern california guys, is there any particular dealership that you have had luck with as far as service goes??? the dealer i bought my truck from won't even service my truck because it won't fit on their hoist!

thanks in advance, ollie.

SoCalDMAX
09-04-2002, 13:27
Ollie,

If you end up with some kind of exhaust related problem, GM might try to claim it's due to your removal. Don't advertise it, and it might not be an issue...

If you're in the Sandy Eggo area, Bob Stall has excellent service, not familiar with any others.

Regards, Steve

DMAX Daddy
09-04-2002, 20:46
I got my beast from Rydell in Northridge. They took care of all my little new delivery complaints with a smile on their face. The service manager seemed to have a clue, I guess Ill find out.

Going to check into the local Paradise Chevy to save travel time to Northridge. If they will do warranty work it save me a 40 mile drive.

badbowtie
09-07-2002, 00:53
Does anyone know if all of the 03 trucks have cats on them? Hopeing to buy soon, but I dont want any more cats at my house. I would loose the one Ive got if I could.

dieselburb
09-07-2002, 22:05
Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa. If you like to fish saltwater, you can talk shop with Bill Matthis and get your diesel serviced quick. He's the service writer specifically for their diesels and he's got 5 hoists just for our trucks. I'm curious too about the exhaust.

Lone Eagle
09-07-2002, 22:35
My dealer here in town (Utah)has a couple on the lot. I will look for the cat tomorrow. PBR? Does that stand for patrol-boat-river? Later! Lone Eagle

Bill McGouirk
09-08-2002, 00:11
Pbr,
I think it would be OK, just keep all of the stock parts to put back on just in case. I have a 2001 Ca. Duramax 4x4 with no Cat on it and I have a frend with a 2002 with a cat. I have drove both and cant tell the dif.
Good luck Bill