PDA

View Full Version : quote from tdr: "Two wheel drive Duramax outpulls me"

NickLeinonen
06-03-2002, 19:05
---> http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48523 <---

cummins boy 4x4 got out pulled by 4x2 d-max

copy and paste link above to go to thread...

mods, feel free to move this if i posted in the wrong area

dmaxstu
06-03-2002, 20:47
It looks like Mackin's over there protectin' our honor.

mackin
06-03-2002, 21:08
dmaxstu,

What, who is that imposter .. Well I oughta .......... tongue.gif

Now you know what I do in my spare time ....... :rolleyes:
They took my post tally away , they said it was a accident ...They had a software glitch , sound familar ..... I'm a newbie again ,,, GHESHH I only thought that happened here ......
MAC smile.gif

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NickLeinonen
06-04-2002, 05:59
what were you up at for a post count on the tdr? i've been there for less than a week and am at 21 [more posts than age for me lol]

pullinpower
06-04-2002, 06:49
I read the post over there and can relate to the 1-2-1 shifting,I was pulling a stuck 4420 JD out of the mud and had to hold it in 1st to keep it from cycling threw the gears like that.best way to pull on the high side of the the t-case is to hold it in 1st. ;)

01_Duramax_Dually
06-04-2002, 08:05
MAC,
Bawahahahahahaha...Your posts are classics. I thought the 2nd post down that stated

Quote: I'm pretty sure I would've kep'd that little tid-bit of information to myself. Don't need any far-out rumors gettin' started. Those Dura-heap guys'll start gettin' big heads.

:D :D :D :D

We do not have big heads...But we do have 2 of them and all be if they are not both aluminum... tongue.gif

So I wonder if the age old analagy still holds true, "If 1 is good, then 2 must be better" smile.gif

Carry On................

BigO
06-04-2002, 10:40
Does anyone know how heavy that sled was?

mguebert
06-05-2002, 08:57
That 2wd Dmax was me smile.gif , the boys were razzing me to hookup and see how she'd do. Well, the sled weighed in at 11K and they added 2K of weight to the skid for the trucks. So total gross weight was 13K.

At first I resisted hooking up because I figured my 2wd would just sit there and spin the rear tires. After all they are just street tires and not really designed for traction in the dirt. But what the heck, why not, worst that could happen was a total embarrasment right!.

Well being that I had never tried anything like this before, I asked a couple of the other guys how to go about it. Well I tried 2nd gear with tow haul engaged. Part of the problem may have been me trying to minimize wheel spin. The tranny did the 1-2-1-2 shifting thing about 3 times before my ground speed fell enough to stop my forward progress.

I was impressed with the locking rear end, both tires were clawing for traction the whole way, the truck tracked straight and true, well as far as I got anyway smile.gif

It was all for fun anyhow. My truck is completely stock except for amsoil air filter and gauges. (I had propane at one time and I sold it).

The club is a all diesel kinda thing, although I am the lone GM representative. We have many dodge and fords attend and it is always a good time. I do get some good natured ribbing about needing to come over from the dark side smile.gif

hoot
06-05-2002, 09:10
Way to go Mark! First on TDP with propane, then first with a pull. And 2WD for that matter. You, my friend, are on the cutting edge of this site.

You know, now that you tried, I just may do it.