PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget lp

hoot
09-06-2002, 20:51
Propane.
All these new performance boxes coming out with all the new software revisions must be driving you guys batty.

I'm still on PSY2K V1. That stands for Powershot 2000. I recently noticed my tank was lasting a lot longer than normal and it wasn't coming on at 2psi any longer. I called Diesel Performance Products (maker). Keith told me to go ahead and readjust it or send it back in at no charge and have it bench adjusted. I decided to tackle the job myself. Piece of cake. Turn the system on, turn the adjustment screw on the bottom till the propane stops flowing and lock it. That was all it needed. That sets it at 2psi boost.

Still on Ver 1. Nice and simple. Been on for a year now. I use it every day. Wish me luck ;)

mackin
09-07-2002, 07:54
Hoot,

Good Luck .....!!!!!!! ;)

MAC

JoeyD
09-07-2002, 10:44
Hoot, I had the same problem with mine. It wouldn't come on at all, talked to him sent it back he fixed it and sent it out next day air no charge. Great system although I don't use it as much as you.

hoot
09-07-2002, 17:59
Thanks mackin.

Joey,

I actually disassembled the unit to "see how it worked" and to make sure there wasn't any dirt or water in it. It was relatively clean with the exception of of some pipe thread sealant. The way it's designed inside, there is very little chance anything can go wrong with it. The re-adjustment is required because of some break in of the valve and spring.

It's basically a diaphram controlled valve machined out of billet aluminum. Very well thought out and constructed. This thing will last forever with the exception of maybe a diaphram replacement periodically.