PDA

View Full Version : D Max Wait??

chevmeister
09-08-2002, 08:58
Everyone I talk to says they ordered their Dmax and it took weeks, even months. How long Does it take. I Found mine on the lot no wait. there were a few there but only one loaded. Every one is really supprised to hear this.... did everyone order theirs?

TimofCharlotte
09-08-2002, 09:29
Didn't order mine. Wanted a loaded LT, either white or pewter. Bought in Feb 02 after checking through dealer inventory in FL (I was there at the time) and they had little stock and wouldn't deal. Finally emailed my local dealership in Charlotte, and they had a couple meeting what I wanted, and were more willing to deal.
Last vehicle I ordered was my 1989 Chev 1500 Ext Cab.

3TV
09-08-2002, 14:51
I tried to find an '02 Chevy D/A, but could not find one with the equipment I wanted at any nearby dealers. The local dealer had half a dozen loaded '03 Duramax Chevy's in stock though, so I just chose my favorite color of Averado.

Looking back on it all, I'm glad I got an '03, because the new body style is starting to grow on me. I have owned it for three weeks now and have not seen one other '03 Averado on the road besides my own. Something tells me it is taking a while for this new body style to catch on. :rolleyes:

3TV

MudNurI
09-08-2002, 18:27
didn't order mine, at the time their was no less than 20 D/A combo's on the dealer's lot, 2 2001's left, and 18 2002's. We prefer cloth seats (short shorts and hot leather don't work well :D ) Wanted a Crew Cab, as we were trading in the 3 door, REALLY wanted 4 REAL doors, wanted a short bed, and didn't care what color it was.

(Okay that's what John wanted)

Right now, at this same dealership, they have 15 2003's, about 1/2 1/2 with D/A 8.1/A, I did not notice ANY of the 1500 or 2500 "regular 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton". Noticed they had about 3 or 4 of the 2002's left, didn't look at the emblems.

I can't see how someone somewhere wouldn't have the SAME truck someone wanted. With the combinations at this said dealership, you could have taken your pick (not you in particlar)... back when I was in highschool, I ordered a 95 Neon, my first car, and wanted options that the dealership didn't have available, but I wont ever wait for a vehicle again, talk about AGONY!

I can't imagine test driving a D/A falling in love, and then waiting MONTHS UPON MONTHS to actually get 1..that's insane!

Brandy

deerhunter7
09-09-2002, 06:01
Yes I ordered mine because here in July 01 what crew cabs were on the lots nobody would deal. Went
to the local Dealer ordered an 02 $600.00 over invoice and gave me Blue Book for my trade in. Truck came in Sept. and got the 0% financing to boot. Was worth waiting for,, :D

Dave_WB3FYV
09-09-2002, 12:06
The internet is a woderful thing! From work, I checked the GM BuyPower.com site for available trucks back home, talked to the 'internet dealer' on the phone and had an idea of trucks on the lot before I flew in. Had about a dozen trucks to pick from, with a wide range of options - but only 1 LT (didn't want all those options anyway) Took about 4 hours to tour them all and select the Black one. Drove it off the lot that afternoon, and promptly put 3000 miles on it since it was Thanksgiving weekend! $6000 off the sticker and 0% for the rest, I wasn't gonna argue!

I didn't have time to wait to order one, but wasn't surprised to find one on the lot tricked out the way I wanted it, but I did have to compromise and get the leather, would have preferred cloth but for the same price... :D

Since options are packaged in 'groups' anyway, and there are only so many groups - you really have to want something unusual to get outside the norm. I have found that buying the option package is much cheaper than the individual items - but you'll get something extra that may or may not be useful to you... Of course, buying from a dealer in a big city with a large inventory will give you a better chance to find YOUR truck in stock! smile.gif

Mike G.
09-25-2002, 01:30
We purchased a 2002 3500 CC dually on 11-18-01 On May 24-02 it blew the drive line and caused extensive damage to the truck (only 2,400 mileson it) GM agreed to replace the truck and pay the cost difference they ordered us a New 2003 on June 18th we were told 4-5 weeks for the new truck. After 7 weeks no word, we called the area rep were told they were having production problems and it would be sept-oct. then it was oct-nov. we are now told Dec. and we were told our order would get priority...Some priority...We had dealers do searches for us and found 2-2002's fully load. called the area rep...he drug his feet until they were sold..We just found a 2003 and they refuse to now pay the difference on it because it is a GMC Vs. Chevy...They will only apply it to the truck on order....They are nuts....they would rather throw away their money on a rental vehicle until Dec. then to resolve this and pay the cost difference (Same truck just different Make) makes no sense....Mike G.