PDA

View Full Version : Military DMAX's

Jelisfc
06-07-2002, 10:03
I've seen both GM military versions of the HD's on http://www.gmmilitary.com/ServiceBody.htm and Fords somewhere else.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a service body truck being transported through MPLS/St. Paul Wednesday. Too bad it wasn't the "COMBATT" version with 6" lift.

pepperidge
06-07-2002, 12:36
If you ordered a truck what would be the "secret" code to get the factory installed lift. It would be great to have one with a warranty. Maybe BigAl could share this with us?

D-max Man
06-07-2002, 13:43
I don't think the military gets a warranty. I have serviced Government vehicles in the past and I was told that the Govt. gets a very low price because they do their own warranty work.

csimo
06-07-2002, 15:51
If the lift kit has a RPO code you could order it and have full warranty.

Some dealers that specialize in trucks have the full order book with all RPO codes in it.

The bad part of some of those weird RPO codes is that they delete things you would want. For example would you want the lift kit if it deletes air conditioning? Don't know that it does, but that's the kind of garbage you get into.

Maverick
06-07-2002, 21:59
I just noticed the tire size on this dually with the service body. 235/85-16........Go figure. Why do we have to be stuck with 215's? I won't be for long. Got a surprise for you all! :D