PDA

View Full Version : High Boost Gage Readings with SPA DG-211

3-Fan
09-09-2002, 11:02
I just noticed over the weekend when changing my oil that my boost gage reading has gone up while idling. I installed a Juice box about 2 weeks ago and all was the same on my reading. Prior to this weekend my pressure would read 0.8 psi at idle. Now it is reading 1.8 to sometimes 3.0 at idle. Also the high end seems to be out of wack too. Prior to this weekend, my high was 23.4. Now my high is close to 32 psi. I have check all my connections from the "T" in the wategate line all the way back to the gage and see no problems. The EGT part of the gage seems to be working just fine.

What could be my problem?

FrankA
09-09-2002, 12:20
did you try resetting it? Its in the manual.

3-Fan
09-09-2002, 12:25
I have reset twice since I noticed this. No change in the reading.

BMDMAX
09-09-2002, 15:03
Do you have a grounding strap on the sensor? I forgot to put mine on when I did the initial install and I got some wacky voltage fluctuations. I added the grounding strap to remove static buildup per the manual that came with the gauge and it settled right down. If you have that done it's possible you got a bum sensor.

On mine the highest boost reading I have had so far was 28 pounds measured at the wastegate.

BMDMAX

Flyboy
09-09-2002, 15:52
I had the same problem with mine. It would read as high as 130 lbs! Could not keep it zeroed either. Had to change the pressure transducer. It's much better but still reads high at times. I installed mine in the manifold so it is well grounded. Talk to Patrick at SPA. He'll help you.

Kennedy
09-09-2002, 16:46
I am running two of these gauges now. The first one installed has had a few brief moments where it read wacky, but has since calmed down. Second unit hasn't given any grief.

Dunno what to say. Sticky? Too hot? Mine shouldn't have been ground related as it is drilled/tapped.