PDA

View Full Version : FULL THROTTLE??????

6600 Duramax
06-07-2002, 11:16
This is a question that has been bothering me for sometime now. How do you know if you throttle is 100% open when your foot is on the floor. Before when I had carbarators ( I know I know what are those) it was simply, but not any more since you do not even have a cable.

Also noticed the other day my floor mat was restricting the pedal. Had to modify.

Thanks

dmaxstu
06-07-2002, 19:09
Just look at the Tach a diesel engine is a 4000RPM engine and if you go too much over that you will be sorry you did. Stu

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>

Amianthus
06-10-2002, 10:48
I'm gonna guess that the Dmax is drive by wire just like mine. The only way you can see if you are getting 100%, is to hook up a scan tool to the machine. You may be getting 100%. You may not. But that's the only way that I know of checking (easily anyway).

Vivayo
06-10-2002, 11:00
This reminds me that I've been wondering if the Auterra scan tool software is any good? You load their software on a Palm PDA and hook up (with their adapter) to the OBD II port. If you have a Palm and hotsync cable, $220USD is the total price. Vehicle databases are on their website for free download, along with user's manual and software updates. Anyone have any firsthand experience with it?
Oh, the site's at www dot auterraweb dot com/index.html

Kennedy
06-10-2002, 19:13
Dave Nelson??? had one at the Rendezvous, and it was neat and all, but a laptop would be MUCH better IMHO. I have a PDA, and would be lost without it some times, but quite often PDA is synonymous with PITA IMHO...

Too friggin small to operate!