I`ll try again,

http://community.webshots.com/album/40110902zaBFRs

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: hdmax(mike) ]</p>

pullinpower
06-07-2002, 21:00
hd-mike the link doesnt work for me :mad:

hdmax(mike)
06-07-2002, 21:06
Sorry; go to my link at the bottem, and then to the second page. It`s under more truck pix.

I hope this works. If not I`ll e-mail them.

dmaxstu
06-07-2002, 21:07
Nor me.Stu

mackin
06-07-2002, 21:18
Looks like they did away with the Taho mirrors too ........ Unless it is a trim level thing ......Man is that nose not appealing , in either GM and Chevy .... :( ...... Bring back the 01/02 look .....

MAC

Alli-max
06-07-2002, 21:39
Look at good ol GMC.... keepin' it REAL!!! You Cheby boys enjoy those Duramax Avelanches!!!!

Actually, I have no complaints with GM on this project. At least they are NOW keeping up with times.

Dave
06-07-2002, 21:40
The chevy is butt ugly! The GMC is not so nice either. The 01 and 02 Chevy HD's are the only chevy's I have liked for years. I have always prefered the look of the GMC.

hoot
06-07-2002, 21:44
hdmax(mike),

I just recieved those photos in the mail and posted them about a hour ago for the first time. I would appreciate asking or giving credit....

Internet courtesy.

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003440

Mike

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

DMAX Daddy
06-07-2002, 21:45
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! (note this opinion might be biased cause I ordered one :cool: )

Ill be enjoying my built in DVD/XM/Bose Radio though. Man I hope it doesnt suck :eek:

56Nomad
06-07-2002, 23:07
I remember when I bought my 2000 Chevy HD
with the old body style..... I hated the new body
style and thought I'd be keeping my 2000 for
a long time. Not for that long :D

I remember when the bull nosed D****e came
out.......... UGLY Then, for what ever reason,
I saw more and more of them.... I liked the look! (although I'd never by one)

Well, so it will go for the new 2003 models. Right
now, I think they are butt ugly. But give me
some time........

Hoot...... I think someone owes you an apology

Buck
06-07-2002, 23:43
56Nomad, You are right on smile.gif

RScott
06-08-2002, 00:22
I noticed in the second picture that the front bumper is nearly identical to mine, which means that it has the larger bumper, which is mainly the top plastic piece. I went to the Truck Trends site and the half ton they showed did not have this larger bumper. I also noticed that the wheels are the same. I thought I read somewhere that the HD wheels were being updated.

stretch
06-08-2002, 05:24
I gotta say the Chevy is absolutly UGLY !!! if I was going for the 03, It would have to be GMC, which is no prom queen either, but its the lesser of 2 evils. This is the opposite of my choice for the 01/02 years, I like the chevy's styling more. It should be interesting to see how Chevy vs. GMC sales are affected. I'm also curious to see how the new electrical infrastructure works. I can see it now, add a "Juice" box and at 100% APP the windshield squirters start raining on your fun and the 4 ways start flashing. ;) tongue.gif :D

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: stretch ]</p>

mackin
06-08-2002, 05:49
HOOT,

WOW, here I thought you both worked for the same secret intelligence agency and had access to satellite imagery.....Talk about a breech of security ..... And so quick ...... I guess you'll have to give us a secret "CODE" to get into your vast picture portfolio ....... Hope he makes it right . You know when I grab something I toss in the "COURTESY of HOOT" disclaimer ...... All should ..... Tell me how you got the PICS , SPY MAN ?........Give up your source or else .........

MAC :D

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

hoot
06-08-2002, 07:09
I must say, I've been guilty of the same but it's different when the shoes on the other foot ;)

I think the new designs are ok. I'll need to see them in person and even then some time may be required.

I hated the Avalanche styling initially, but it has grown on me. The Av has potential. It just need to be put in the oven at about 1000 degs for an hour to smoothen it out some. There is something wrong with the Avalanche the way the body looks as a whole sitting on the tires. Something with the proportions. Kinda like taking a Firebird with full ground effects and putting a lift on it. Almost like when they design these things, they ignore what the final product looks like in real life, going down the road.

AzKevin
06-08-2002, 09:22
It seems all auto manufacturers attempt to redefine what is "in style" in order to make older vehicles stylishly obsolete.

Your results may be different but this new style leaves me with a feeling that my truck is perfectly styled for the next 4 years or so. ;)

On a side note... I've noticed Cadillac is also run amuck with a new sharp edge style. The only difference being a loss of plastic cladding.

hoot
06-08-2002, 09:48
You could look at the Avalanche as a low budget Cadillac EXT!

It's seems Caddy is using more outside designs lately than it's own.

Catera, Escalade, Escalade EXT.

Next we'll be seeing a sharp edged Cavalier Cadillac. What will they call it? Cimmergone?

hdmax(mike)
06-08-2002, 10:18
Now that I know the person responsible for getting these pictures posted. I would like to give credit to Hoot.

Hoot; I am truely sorry. I seen them posted else where, and didn`t know you had posted them. I just wanted to get them posted for all to see.

I knew you were working on getting pictures up. Like I said, I am sorry. Hope there is know hard feelings. I`m not trying to step on toes or trying to get credit.

Great job on getting an inside scoop on an HD.

hoot
06-08-2002, 10:26
Actually, I'm not the one that deserves the credit. Thank our resident spy!

All I did was scan and host them.

In this world of the internet, I have a hard time getting truly upset at anyone. I was just advising. ;)

hdmax(mike)
06-08-2002, 11:48
I was wrong in doing what I did. or atleast in how I did it. I got in a hurry. I should have takin` the time to see who posted them, and give credit where credit was due.

Thanks again for the pictures.

I like the look of the new Chevy! But I cant for the life of me understand why GM would change the HD to look like all the other models.

pepperidge
06-08-2002, 18:06
I thought pic's of the new tow mirrors were coming also... Hoot?

tongue.gif

mackin
06-08-2002, 20:22
pepperidge,

I think they are there. The ones with the "POLKA" instrument on the door.? You know the "SQUEEZE " box. Accordion .....SHE GOES IN AND OUT ..... "IN " and "OUT", she plays all night......Mom'mas little squeeze box .......

MAC :D :D

SEE :from "HOOT" the SPY=&gt;GUY .........Below
http://www.uscom.com/~hoot/cars/duramax/2003pics/

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

tonkater
06-08-2002, 22:38
I may be a minority on here, but I like to looks of the new Chevy (and the new sharp creased caddys too). Finnally GM isn't trying to copy the
japanese stying
I saw the 2003 GMC at NYC auto show , and it really didn't look a lot different than 2002.

hoot
06-09-2002, 05:42
pepperidge,

Sorry the pictures weren't better. The one picture shows a chassis cab with the tow mirrors.

As far as styling is concerned, yea, me too. I'm glad at least they are doing their own thing cause the Japanese styling to me is "bar of soap" on wheels.

pepperidge
06-09-2002, 12:05
hey Hoot,

Sorry I doubted you man, Hdmaxmike's pictures didn't include the one of the mirrors.
I went to your pic's and found it(mirrors).
Not a bad picture at all. Not so sure how I feel about the mirrors though... Could have been more like the Super Dukies though. Some things the general just can't get right :mad:

Great effort on the spy and friends part though!

hoot
06-09-2002, 14:49
The new mirror design looks like it's suseptable to vibration. The Ford SD mirrors have high and low supports to minimize vibration. To me it's common sense. Maybe these new mirrors with all these electronics have electronic shake cancellation like camcorders have ;)

Everybody stop apologizing pleaze