PDA

View Full Version : d/max owner needs your help.

Mike G.
09-11-2002, 14:33
We are hoping to find someone who has a contact at General Motors who may be able to help us. A senior corporate customer service or marketing executive.We are looking for an EMail address, phone #, or mail address. We are also looking for feedback on the reliabity of this truck when pulling heavy payloads and if anyone else has had similar experiences as described below. On Nov. 18,2001 we purchased a Chevy 1 ton crewcab Dmax/allison for the sole purpose of towing a 5th wheel. On May 24th with only 2,400 miles on the truck we picked up our new 5th wheel trailer. Heading for home we got about 30 miles from the dealership when the driveline broke loose from the yoke at the transmission and caused extensive damage to the truck. After 4 weeks GM agreed to give us a new truck. 2002's were no longer being produced so they ordered us a 2003 on June 18th. We were told we would get priority over other trucks coming off one. We were suppose to have our new truck in 4-5 weeks. Then it was sept.-oct. then oct- nov. Now it's Dec. In the meantime we are making car & Insur. payments on this vehicle. Until the trade is made GM says we still own the truck and continue to pay. If we stop payments we loose our 0% financing. we tried to get them to do a dealer trade on a 2002 and even located some trucks, gave the info to the area rep. he messed around until the trucks were sold.We asked him to give us a 2003 GMC vs Chevy since the GMC's are out ...nothing... We have had to cancel trips, vacation etc. (with our new trailer, which sits where it was dropped off by the tow truck.) The area rep is doing nothing to get this resolved in a timely manner...he doesn't care...he usually doesn't return phone calls or ever have any answers to your questions... just the run around.We need to get ahold of someone at GM that is higher up and has some authority.Any info you can give us would be appreciated. Mike G.
These edits were to correct typing errors....
[ 10-29-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]

[ 10-29-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

James S
09-11-2002, 14:52
Hey Mike,

That's terrible!! Have you gotten your lawyer involved? If not, get him involved immediately. If you have talked to GM and that is what the rep is doing to you, it sounds to me like you need to get somewhat forceful, to get their attention. With only twenty-four hundred miles on the truck, they should have given you a new truck right when this happened. Where did the tow truck drop off your trailer? If not at home, have them tow it to your house, and send GM the bill. These are just ideas, I am in no way a lawyer. Maybe others can say if I am correct or not. However, Mike, PLEASE keep us posted, and good luck.

James

More Power
09-11-2002, 15:02
Your owner's manual contains a section in the back of the book that outlines what you can do in an unresolved repair problem or vehicle dispute. These guidelines are the law in most states, and should be followed to be successful in any sort of legal action.

Generally speaking, legal action should be reserved until all other avenues of resolution have failed. GM wants its customers to be satisfied. Sometimes, finding the right person to talk to is the hard part. Your dealer should have gone to bat for you, but it would be nice to hear their side of the story before passing judgement on their actions (or lack there-of).

See what develops with your post. If it doesn't get a response, let me know.

MP

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>

ChevysRus
09-11-2002, 17:06
Hey, where's your insurance company in all of this? They should be going to bat for you, after all, damage like you describe should be covered by your insurance. Meantime have you lawyer write a letter to the dealership, that should light a fire under them and get your calls returned. If not then you needed the lawyer anyway. Do you have any of these promises in writing? Hope so because time is running and memories fade fast and people change jobs too!

You can't be Mr. Nice Guy anymore, time to get nasty. You tried it the right way and got nowhere, now it's time to turn the dogs lose. You don't want a new truck anymore, you want your money back, plus compensation, plus punitive damages and emotional stress, not to mention reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses etc. etc.

Hey I live in Calif. and we use those words a lot out here. Hell, people sue each other here for breathing on them! LOL

Good Luck!

Mic
09-11-2002, 18:03
Mike G.

You profile does not have an E-mail....
send me a note xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com...

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

stevem
09-11-2002, 19:28
check out www.kabolaw.com

Mike G.
09-11-2002, 21:33
We were told initially that the trucks were such a hot item that dealers were notwilling to do dealer tradesand that a truck like ours (fully loaded LT0 would be difficult to find.. Since it was only going to be 4-5 weeks to get a 2003 we decided we would wait for a new truck...Unfortunately it wasn't true The date keeps changing we are now up to December before the truck comes in. Since this Is a buy back(trade with GM the dealers are out of the transaction, it is a corporate deal. We contacted the dealer we purchased the truck from so see if he could locate a 2002 for us. He did a search and came up with two. We had a GMC dealer do a search also within a 500 mile radius and he came up with one. We gave the info to the area rep to try and work on a trade and he did nothing. 2 weeks passed still nothing. We finally called on them and within that 2 week period they were sold.When the truck blew we used OnStar to connect to GM. Sine they would tow us to the nearest dealership(1hr. away). We wainted 2 1/2 hrs. for a tow truck. GM was supposedly was having trouble finding a truck to tow both truck and trailer..It ws getting dark, we were barely off the hwy and traffic was getting heavy (memorial day weekend). After alot of complaining GM finally contacted AAA.They were there within 1/2. Since we re AAA members they agreed to pay for part of the tow to get our trailer home. We are still fighting GM for reimbursement of our portion...Unfortunately our owners manuals aewith the truck.Locked up at the dealership that it was towed to. I contacted a few lemon law attorneys after this happened and this truck does not qualify under the lemon law. We've requested to have this in writing numerous times and each time are requests have gone unanswered. The area rep we are dealing with has been absolutely worthless. Everything seems to fall on deaf ears. He won't even give us his phone #. Everytime we need to get ahold of him we have to call GM buy back division and leave a message for him to call us. If we're lucky we'll hear from him within 2 weeks.This is why we would like to get the # of someone higher up the corp. ladder at GM.

More Power
09-12-2002, 08:31
You can visit any GM dealership, and an owners manual will be in the glove box of any new car or truck they have on the lot. Take a note pad, and write down the important info about problem resolution.

State and federal law allow for many remedies in situations like these. Following the guidelines is the best approach, and you will be asked in court if you availed yourself of all these remedies.

MP

Mike G.
09-12-2002, 14:52
Mic have tried your Email for some reason it will not go thru.....Mike G.

The Beast
09-15-2002, 03:10
Mike G.

I'm doing this from memory. Try sending an email (with the info in your first post plus your local rep's name)to the below posted address. This person is a friend so mention our connection, such that it is. She's not an exec but has some pull and good savvy. The address is from memory and I hope it is still good. Good Luck,

mary.kingston@gm.com

Mike G.
09-15-2002, 10:54
Thank you for all the info everyone. I will definitly put them to use. We will keep you all posted as to what is going on and let you know what has worked and what hasn't. Thanks again. Mike G.

Mike G.
09-18-2002, 15:06
TRIED EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MARY KINGSTON AT GM IT DID NOT GO THROUGH.. SHOWN AS NOT LISTED AS A VALID ADDRESS....IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH HER CORRECT ADDRESS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. MIKE G.

Mic
09-20-2002, 09:43
Mike G,

Haven't heard from you, every thing all right?

The email address from 'The Beast' IS a vaild address. Try again, you won't be disappointed. smile.gif

mackin
09-20-2002, 17:29
Mike G.,

If you copy paste the e-mails as written they work...I tried mary.kingston@gm.com ....

MAC

odoh
09-21-2002, 00:39
Mike G. Sorry about what has happened ~ I recall the frustrations/GM runaround in just getting my truck. I am curious re your dealer/locality. Not in the Sacramento area is he? ~ odoh

Mike G.
09-21-2002, 13:09
Hi Mic,Mac,Beast, Steve, & everyone else. Sorry I haven't gotton back to you sooner...work has been hectic and I have been working late hours with very little free time...Here's the latest....I found I left the 's' off kingston and that's why it didn't go thru left her a brief note asking her to call me and gave her a brief explanation, so far I have not heard from her...I will try again if I don't get satisfaction with the latest developments..... I got a little break someone messed up and accidently gave me the area reps cell phone number (it's been great, I can call him now instead of being at his beckon call) last time I talked to him he said I could get a GMC instead of a chevy I just need to find one, I asked him why he couldn't search for one and he said he would check out both Chevy & GMC and get back to me...well we know how that turned out , he didn't....So I went searching on my own...I contacted a GMC dealer and gave him all the specs and asked him to do a search for me...He came up with 2 in transit to their dealerships... one fit the bill the other did not. I got all the info from him and immediately called the area rep..told him to call on it as soon as we hung up and not put it off...Surprisingly he called...the dealer would not do a buy back (or take the Chevy on order in trade)(it's not due in till at least Dec.)...So I called the dealer myself and explained the WHOLE story to him (It seemed like he felt really bad for us) He agreed to give me the same deal that I had on my first truck.(can't complain about that) I sent him a check for the deposit to hold the truck...I then called the area rep told him I had worked out a deal with the dealer and I wanted a full refund of all my money including all my out of pocket expenses, (hitch, alarm, ext. warranty, towing expenses etc.) He said he would work out the numbers and get back to me...Now we will see if GM is going to treat me honestly or try to screw me. If they try to screw me I will probably have to get an attorney involved...I have been trying to work this out with GM and not get the media or an attorney involved but, they have made it difficult up to this point, and I don't know what other alternative I might have...I will keep you posted with new developments...Mike G.

Mike G.
09-23-2002, 14:31
Hi everyone..well here is today's update...it looks like we may have to get the attorney/media involved after all..The area rep called today and said that they will now not pay the difference between the 2002-2003. I asked why since they agreed to pay it on the truck thats on order...He said they cannot do it between a Chevy and a GMC. GIVE ME A BREAK.....They are bound and determined to make us a either wait or to get more money out of us as if we haven't paid enough already. I wrote mary kingston again at GM and gave her the full story this AM I hope to hear from her. Any ideas out there?????

mackin
09-23-2002, 15:31
Mike G.

Seems to me you have a good handle on it .....If need be contact an attorney.......How patient must you be.......You've waited long enough......

MAC

deerhunter7
09-23-2002, 18:15
MikeG , I would try to make a deal without a lawyer. Having one will not nessesarly speed things up but may slow it down more. The cost between trucks may be less than paying legal help.
As long as all parties are now talking ,keep working it yourself.Your best bet is to get all parties together on a conference call or all together and try to come to a settlement. If that fails then you will need the legal team ,but time they do not worry about . I'm sure matter what you'll end up with some cash out of your pocket.
Keep a cool head when dealing and get the best you can maybe then talk to a lawyer and see what he says before you agree . Hang in there ,we are pulling for ya!! :confused:

Mike G.
09-25-2002, 10:24
Heard from Mary Kingston at GM,said she had contacted the Business Resource Group and said that someone would be contacting us.(that someone is the liason between us and the area rep.)Talked with the area rep yesterday, stated they would only pay the difference on the 2002-2003 on the vehicle on order. I told him how foolish that was..They are paying for a rental vehicle and that has to be alot more than what the price difference is on these vehicles...and your willing to pay that thru Dec.or Jan. are you guys crazy. the price difference is $2,800.-$3,000. the rental vehicle has already cost that....I told him he needed to find someone higher up then himself and get this figured out it makes no sense....(that's whiy the cost of their vehicles is so high, they waste money on stupid stuff like this and have to make it up somewhere else). In the meantime I'm finding on different threads where people our getting their 03's already. One guy ordered his Aug. 28th and got it on Sept. 23rd. They ordered mine June 18th and I don't get mine until Dec.????something is really screwed. ( I think that's me) Mike G.

Mike G.
09-26-2002, 09:17
Here's the latest....Talked again with the area rep yesterday...GM still refuses to pay the cost difference on the GMC we found, so I called the dealer and informed him, He in turn said he would take another $1,000. off so GM would only have to pay the difference of $1,800. I called the area rep back and told him.... He says GM still refuses to pay the cost difference....(They would rather lay out $1,000. a month on a rental vehicle for who knows how long...than to pay $l,800. and get this resolved)...they have been screwing me at every turn. Mike G.

Mike G.
09-27-2002, 10:39
Latest Update...Went to Lemon Law attorney on Weds. unfortunately believe it or not is not really a lemon law case..Part of the lemon law states that the customer has the right to a new vehicle or their money refunded...We obviously have chosen the vehicle...unfortunately that is where the help ends...The attorney said he could write letters and see if he could accomplish anything that way but, that we needed to remember that GM has attorneys as well. He felt the only ones who would really gain from the attoneys involvement would be the attorneys..He felt our best thing would be to keep after them try and find someone higher up in GM. After this is all settled take them to small claims court and recoup our out of pocket money that way. We have alot of documentation of all our correspondence we just have nothing in writing from GM as to their agreement. They have refused to give us anything in writing because it gives us legal documentation. When we thought we might have something worked out on the GMC truck we requested them to give us a statement telling us how much money the would refund us...The dummies sent us someone elses statement....never did get ours.
Contacted Mary Kingston again (Email) wrote a pretty heavy duty letter...Got a response from her that she is out of the office until Monday but, that she would respond to my message on Monday....We'll see what happens...Mike G.

Mic
09-27-2002, 11:00
Good luck Mike G. Sounds like you could use some.

Now at least someone/something is moving in the right direction.

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

MadDuraMax
09-27-2002, 14:57
Mike G.

The bright side is it looks like you found the ONE honest Attorney!! There may be hope yet :D

Mark

mackin
09-27-2002, 16:30
Mike G. ,

This is big business corporate BS at it's best ...Better to poor money at wasteful venues then solve the problem......In addition two people can't get together to solve it...Right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing......I'd hold out as long as possible ......Sooner or later someone is going to take notice of the rental fees......

Your problem is that once they give in to you then it can become precedent.....Most individual would have probably given in by now and that is what they are counting on.....Think of how many took the first offer......

All I can say is good luck...

MAC

imported_
09-27-2002, 20:34
Once this thing gets into civil litigation I would claim all kinds of emotional traumatization and loss.

How do you put a price on the loss of months and months of lost time that you should have otherwise been on the road enjoying your new Teton FW?

Nail them to the cross. Get punitive damages as well. Hitting them hard in the pocket book is the only way to get their attention enough to change policies to effect meaningful change in their treatment of customers.

Mike G.
09-27-2002, 22:41
My main focus right now is to get my truck and have GM keep the agreement that they made with me. To give me a 2003 for no additonal cost to me, to reimburse me for the 5th wheel hitch, the alarm system & the extended warranty...after that deal is done the I will look into what my financial losses are and decided what my next move will be....If GM keeps their word I will be getting A 2003 3500 Crew Cab dually LT leather interior fully loaded for $38,400 (the cost of my 2002) by the time I get the truck I will have already paid a year of it off. unless I can persuade them to get it to me sooner....(then I'll owe a little more) (with 0% financing). I thought it was a good enough deal to fight for. We contacted 50 dealers initially when we bought the 2002 and this was the only truck like it that we could find in So.Calif.
The stress and frustration dealing with these guys has been immense we've been dealing with it on a day to day basis since May...We want it resolved but, we are not going to quit fighting...
Mike G.

Brucec
09-29-2002, 09:55
Well MikeG, I wish to apologize for doubting your initial story. After reading all you have been through and all these posts I now believe your story and wish you the best of luck. You sure have more tolorance than me I would have gone off the deepend by now!!

Mike G.
09-29-2002, 11:43
Brucec Thanks for the support. I'm in here to fight GM not only for myself (but, in a sense for all the other people they've screwed in the past.)

The Lemon Law attorney told us in his dealings with GM that they would rather not deal with you and just cut you a check for the vehicle rather than replace it. It's more costly for then to have to give you a new vehicle. Especially a year newer, if they've agreed to pay the cost difference.

They don't want to reimburse for any of the after market items,Running boards, hitches,alarms, etc.and according to the Lemon Law they do not have to...which is B.S. if they are taking possession of the truck. GM agreed to do it this time after alot of verbal pounding from me. I just need to recoup the cost of my trailer towing and Truck insurance in small claims, I don't know what else you can go after them for. I'll call an attorney for that info and cross that bridge when I get to it.

GM's whole plan in this is to wear people down to the point they'll take a refund. Not great for customer service but, I think they're so big they don't really care. Mike G.

Jim Rokon
09-30-2002, 07:08
Keep up your good documentation and consider buying a telephone tape recorder from Radio SHack like Linda Tripp/Monica Lewinsky situation, then you can prove what some of the GM creeps say to you. Watch out for Federal and state laws to ensure that it is ok in your state. Don't do anything illegal.

Mike G.
09-30-2002, 10:53
I keep record of all conversations etc. each time I talk with them.My secretary can't help but, hear alot of them. I'm not sure what the law is regarding taped conversations, but it is not something I think I should be messing with at my place of business. I've been making some headway with some of the connections and suggestions that people have been great about suppling me with. I'm hoping that it will be enough to get this resolved soon. Thanks for the suggestion although......I am suppose to hear from Mary Kingston today...I will keep you all posted...Mike G.

Redhawk
09-30-2002, 10:54
Your problem with GM is so reminiscent of the trauma I had with Ford, it's scary. They jerked me around for months, using one stupid excuse after another. I finally got a lemon law attorney. Two weeks after he sent them a stiff letter the check was in the mail. They had to pay him about three thousand dollars, plus my accessories and car rental. I was lucky because I wanted money, not another transmission eater. It made no sense to me that they paid all that extra money, but I guess they have lots of it.

Is there a possibility you could change your request and get money instead of a new truck? It might be easier to get back on the road that way.
If there is a shortfall in what you get and the cost of a new truck, you might consider going to small claims court for the difference. Usually the claimant wins those claims. Just a thought, not trying to sell you on anything.

Mike G.
09-30-2002, 13:36
Redhawk, appreciate the imput...We can request the money anytime the big draw back is that I think it would end up costing me alot more money..As it stands right now by getting the vehicle from chevy they are paying the cost difference between the 2002-2003 which could be up to $3,000. The truck they have ordered is a Pewter 2003 Chevy 3500 D/Max,Alli, Crew Cab dually, LT interior fully loaded for the cost of my 2002 $38,400. 0% financing. I don't see me getting that deal from a dealership in So. Calif.These are a hot item and Chevy's aren't out yet. I tried to get GM to work a Buy Back or Trade on a GMC They would not do it only on the truck that is on order. So Far I've got them to agree to reimburse me for the 5th wheel hitch, to transfer an extended warranty over to the new truck, I may also have them to the point where they will pay the towing charges for the trailer and the alarm. I have been verbally pounding on them for months which seems to be paying off, initially they were not going to pay for any of it. The true test will be when it comes time for the to uphold there agreement and pay up. They refuse to give us anything in writing even though I have requested it numerous times. Mike G.

Mike G.
10-02-2002, 10:15
LATEST UPDATE; I wrote Mary Kingston on 9-26. I laid everything on the line as far as the treatment I have received from everyone at GM,The fact that I thought they lacked commone sense when they chose to pay $1,000. a month for rental vehicle rather than pay the cost difference on the GMC and get us into a vehicle sooner. The fact that I have a new trailer whose 12 month warranty will not have much time left on it by the time I get my truck and If I have problems it could end up costing me $. etc. etc. I received a response that she was out of the office until Monday and would address the issues I brought up in my letter on Monday when she returns...Have not heard a word...I EMailed her again this AM stating I would like her to address the issues as promised....Will let you know what happens.

Spoke to the area rep Monday he states they cannot move the production date of the truck up...

In the meantime I also contacted the dealer who is suppose to take delivery on my truck to hear his latest update. He states he heard they picked up the order on the truck and they were going to start production on it around Oct. 7th and that we should have our truck by the end of the month..Well I've heard that before, back in June when they said I would have my truck in 4-6 weeks. So I'm not holding my breath on this one...No one can seem to get their stories straight.... Will Keep you posted...Mike G.

Mike G.
10-02-2002, 18:39
Did not hear from Ms. Kingston toaday but, did get a call from the area rep today...He states that they will be assigning a vin # next week and if all goes well we should have our truck by the end of the month... Have any of you ever heard of this????...The area rep seems a little more concerned about keeping us informed. So Maybe Ms. Kingston is working behind the scenes to get things done...There are still some outstanding issues so we will see how much effort GM puts out to resolve them...I am still not going to hold my breath...We've been this route before. Will keep you all posted...Mike G.

car of the week
10-03-2002, 01:29
Mike G.--

Once a VIN is assigned to a vehicle, that means the vehicle has finished production. From that time, it will take approxomately 2 weeks for the truck to get across the country by rail. Your sig. says that you live in California, where abouts? I live in southern CA and work for Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa. Who is the area rep you are speaking to? If he has a VIN, your truck should not be far away. Good luck smile.gif

Ryan

Mike G.
10-03-2002, 11:40
Ryan, Thanks for the info.The area rep is Ed Phelps. He told me that they would be assigning a vin # in the next week or so. Gee, maybe he is telling the truth??? He said we could have it by the end of the month... We may not have the same area rep since the truck was towed to a dealership about an hour away from here. We live up in the high desert (northern LA county) in a town called Acton. I know approximately where your dealership is our daughter lived in Costa Mesa for a year after graduating college. Will keep you posted with any new updates...Mike G.

P.S. Got an EMail from Ms Kingston today she will be out of the office on business and will respond to my message on Monday 10/7.. I don't have any confirmation of this but, it seems like since I have been in contact with her things have been happening. The area rep is a little more concerned about keeping me informed and the production date of my truck may have been moved up from Dec. to this month....if this proves to be true then THANK YOU BEAST FOR THE GREAT INFO AND HELP.....I REALLY APPRECIATE IT....Mike G.

[ 10-03-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]

[ 10-03-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

Mike G.
10-04-2002, 10:45
On the Open Road Forum someone had asked me why I We would continue to support a company and buy their vehicles..First it is not only GM there are problems with all of them..For me I truly like this truck..The d/max/allison combo, the ride, the low noise level etc. etc..When this mess started getting out of hand we went back and reinvestigated the fords and dodges. We test drove a number if them The F450/550 with all the options like the D/max we had, were pricing out at $52,000-$54,000. alot more money than what my D/max cost....

I do believe there should be something in the lemon law that states, that if a customer choses to have the vehicle replaced instead of the cash refund the manufacturer should be obligated under law to have the exact vehicle replaced within a 1 month period....Maybe we need to start a petition or letter writing campaign???? I don't know how else to can get the message out to these vehicle manufacturers.... They simply do not take care of their customers like they should....Mike G.

hoot
10-04-2002, 11:04
Mike,

Get the VIN and ask Howard to give you the dirt on your new truck. He will give you what you need to know about the truck and where it is.......

howard_m18@yahoo.com

Mike G.
10-04-2002, 18:39
HOOT THANKS FOR THE INFO...AS SOON AS THEY ASSIGN ONE I WILL DEFINITLY TRY THAT...This way I can maybe check and make sure everything is on it before it gets here and that they didn't forget to include something....(since they are paying for the cost difference) I want to make sure it's the same truck that I've been paying for all this time....Mike G.

Mike G.
10-14-2002, 18:58
latest update...I've been out of town for the last week...I am hoping to touch base with everyone (area rep, GM , Gen Mgr.@ dlrs., etc.) by mid week..... received an Email from GM stating that the GM repurchase group is suppose to contact me to discuss my letter regarding the lousy treatment I have been receiving.... we'll see what happens....will keep you posted...Mike G.

56Nomad
10-14-2002, 22:13
Hi Mike G.

Boy, you sure have been thru the wringer
and I hope that this all works out.

Will GM be paying for the outlandish
state sales tax and registration that
you previously paid for your original
truck?

Mudflap
10-15-2002, 00:04
Mike:

As a retired 37 year GM employee, I would suggest that you may want to write directly to Jack Smith GM Chairman of the Board. I don't have his address in front of me but his office is in the Renaissance Center in Detroit. Try (313)556-5000 and they can probably give it to you. I know he answers his letters, especially from customers. I would keep the letter as brief as possible, succinct and businesslike. GM is capable of good customer relations, they just need to be reminded of that once in a while.

By the way VIN numbers are assigned when the floor pan, or frame is laid for production of the vehicle, not after it is built. The VIN number is etched into the floor pan or frame and becomes the control number for the production process on the broadcast sheets (seeing to it that the right parts meet the body at the right time). The scheduling of the vehicle itself is monitored through the use of the Order Number. The rep ought to be able to give you the order number since all GM vehicles produced have them even when they are produced for company service.

Chances are, your truck will be built in Janesville Wisconsin (try 608)755-3296 or (608)756-7954)or at the Pontiac East Truck Plant in Pontiac Michigan. I don't have a good number for Pontiac East but try (248)857-5000. You will want to speak to the scheduling folks and they will ask you for an order number. Talking to the public is not in their job description but most try to be helpful especially if they know you are in dire straights.

Good luck

Mike G.
10-15-2002, 21:05
56 Nomad..It's my understanding that GM has agreed to giving me the 2003 and that THEY are paying the cost differences between the 2002 & 2003. They are also suppose to be paying for the 5th wheel hitch I had installed on 5-24(The day this all happened) as well as the alarm. They are also suppose to give me an extended warranty on the 2003 since I had purchased one for the 2002. They are also suppose to reimburse me for the tow charges for the 5th wheel since I had to have it towed home. This is all according to the area rep. We will see how GM performs when it comes time to deliver. Right now it appears the only money I will be out of is the vehicle insurance money that I have been paying for all this time. That is something I will consider dealing with once I get my truck....right now these other things are more important....

MUDFLAP....thank you for all the information..I wish I'd heard from you months ago....I will keep all this info close at hand since one never knows...

HERE IS THE LATEST UPDATE....I spoke with the general mgr. of the dealership we purchased the original truck from and who we have requested that the new truck be delivered to....I guess at one point the repurchase department contacted him and confirmed that they would be delivering the truck to him....Then they called Friday and said that the paperwork some how didn't get straightened out and the truck is still destined to the other dealership but, that they would try and straighten it out...the truck is in, it is suppose to have been off loaded from the train and sitting in a yard somewhere. He doesn't have the paperwork so he's not sure what yard it was shipped to...He's going to keep on GM to get this straighened out...The worst that can happen is they will ship it to the other dealer until the paper work gets straightened out and then they would either have to pick it up or have it delivered by transport.....but, It appears the truck is built and here in So. Calif.....I just hope at some point this all starts to go smoothly...I've dealt with enough bumps in the road...I don't need any more..... I will keep you all posted with the lastest updates...Mike G.

pontiac_m18
10-16-2002, 23:40
MIKE G, give me the S.O.N or last 8 of the vin & we can find it. I know I'm late but I have a name & phone # to connect if you have any more problem with this "BABY" Howard = E-mail me at = howard_m18@yahoo.com :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mike G.
10-17-2002, 12:35
HOWARD--thanks for the help...To date the repurchase group has failed to contact me with the info on the truck. They were suppose to get in touch with us last week. I EMailed Mary Kingston again. I had written her a letter about this whole mess and wanted someone to address all the issues and she contacted the repurchase group who was suppose to review the situation and be in touch with me on this matter as well....She Emailed me back and said she would be in contact with them again and apologized for the inconvenience...She truly is trying to help and I appreciate all that she has done. I truly believe if she hadn't gotton involved that I would not be getting my truck until Dec. Unfortunately the wheels at GM turn very very slow.
When I get a vin # I will let you know....Mike G.

Mike G.
10-17-2002, 20:31
Spoke with the area rep today. He now tells me that there is no way that they can change the delivery of the truck. There is nothing he can do about it....When I inquired about transferring the extended warranty he said he could do it...Just a short time back he told me that he can't do it that it had to be handled by the repurchase dept....Never a straight answer....I have now requested a statement from the repurchase dept. showing what they are paying....I do not want any surprises when I go to pick up my truck.... I want to make sure they are going to stick to their verbal agreement....If there is a way to screw things up they'll find it...Mike G.

Mike G.
10-22-2002, 01:47
latest update....you'll all love this one...
I get a fax (letter) from the repurchase group today. It's as follows:

We regret that you are dissatisfied with your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado and that our attempts to resolve your concerns have not met your expectations.

This offer to asist you into a replacement vehicle is being made as an effort to keep you a satisfied Chevrolet customer. Chevrolet will assist you into a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado.

The conditions of the trade repurchase are as follows:
The vehicle is free from any abnormal damage or alterations which inpair its resale value

All factory installed equipment are intact and functional

This offer is contingent upon the approval of your lending/leasing institution etc,etc,etc,

If this trade-repurchase offer is acceptable, please sign the bottom of this letter and return itto my attention. Upon receipt of your signed acceptance, a check will be processd and forwarded to ____Chevrolet. Allow 7-10 business days for check processing. The dealership will contact you to complete the transaction once they receive the check.You will be required to complete the transaction within five days of the dealer's notice.

Can you believe this load of bull...The driveline blows causes extensive damage to the vehicle and they sent this ridiculous letter thinking I gonna sign it... I wrote them my own letter and faxed it back....we'll see what they have to say...My truck is in @ the dealership but, they didn't send the paperwork....Now Once the dealer notifies me I have 5 days to respond but Chev. can take a whole 5 months. I just can't believe how they manage to keep this thing dragging on and on and on....wouldn't the media have fun with this one......We will see what GM does next...will keep you all posted....Mike G.

DieselDennis
10-22-2002, 08:15
Do please keep us posted Mike. And don't let GM screw you over this. :eek:

Mike G.
10-22-2002, 20:53
The Saga continues...I spoke with the repurchase group reg. my letter. They tell me I still need to sign theirs.I told them I didn't and wouldn't. The truck was defective and not in resale condition. They finally agreed to amend the agreement to state with the exception of the driveline and related damages.etc. etc. I told them no. I could not guarantee anything on the truck. I have not had possession of the truck since May 24th and have not seen it since May 25th. I do not know what condition the truck is in or where it is even located at. I'm not signing anything in regards to the condition of the truck nor lenders approval...I've been making payments on this truck all along I do not need their approval...besides they're the ones who financed it....These idiots are basically trying to BLACKMAIL me into signing an agreement thathas me committing perjury and makes me liable for any other problems with the truck and that isn't going to happen....They are now suppose to be drafting a new letter for me to sign, haven't received it yet.Can't wait to see what this one has in it. Will keep you posted with any updates...Mike G.

[ 10-23-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

Mike G.
10-25-2002, 12:06
HERE'S THE LATEST... I contacted the gen. mgr. at the dealership we purchased the 2002 from... He's upset with GM and is going to make some phone calls...He was able to get ahold of someone in the regional area as well as an administrator in the repurchase group... They called me and have agreed to change the wording on the release letter...It will state that we cannot guarantee the condition of the truck since we have not had possession of the vehicle since May 24th....FINALLY...They would not change the section regarding that it was contingent upon the lenders approval...it is their protection in the event we have filed bankrupcy since purchasing the truck...Dumb excuse since the vehicle is finance thru GMAC and that I am still making payments on the truck...I'm not going to squabble over this one. I've had enough delays...I want to get my truck....We are going to go down to the(other) dealership this weekend and look it over & make sure everything is as it should be.....Will keep you posted with any new updates...Mike G.

Mike G.
10-25-2002, 19:11
GM did it again...They agreed to fax the amended release letter today for me to sign and fax back so we can get this resolved....never received it...another 3 days lost....They never follow thru when they say they are going to....

It amazes me how much they spend in advertising to attract new customers and how little $ they put into keeping them...Mike G.

sspm1
10-26-2002, 06:30
Mike G.
You are a patient man.......stay the course !! :rolleyes:

Mike G.
10-26-2002, 23:06
sspm1... Thanks...I may be patient...but they are definitly trying my patience.....

Went to the dealership today and saw the new truck, nice looking vehicle, can't wait to bring it home....noticed a few changes....the front end and they no longer have the nice overhead console for sun glasses etc....with the 6 CD changer it does leave room for a CB...I also like the controls on the steering wheel....Can't wait to drive it and start breaking it in.....Just need GM to get moving.... Will keep you posted......Mike G...

stutzismydog
10-26-2002, 23:29
Hello Mike G~
I have been reading your posts and can also say that you are a patient man.....more so than I. We have a new 2003 Chevy. crew cab Duramax and also noticed that the overhead console was missing, no place to mount your garage door controller, sun glasses etc. no under the hood light, the storage compartment between the seats is not lockable and is smaller. You would think that a $45,000 truck would not be stripped down from the previous year

Mike G.
10-27-2002, 02:22
stutzismydog...I was amazed at some of the changes and how cheap GM is getting ....I shouldn't be surprised by anything they do after the dealings that I have had with then over the last 5 months. I really liked the overhead console and at first I thought they had screwed up when they ordered my truck...found out they hadn't...I had also heard the towing capacity for the 2003 was suppose to go up 1100lbs I got one of their brochures and it still shows l5,000 for the l ton crew cab...the 2500 shows l5,200....doesn't sound like it went up to me...

none the less I still really like the truck and can't wait to start driving it.

Good luck with yours wish you many happy carefree miles with it....Mike G.

Mike G.
10-29-2002, 17:43
Hi Everyone here is the latest update...I received the amended release letter from the repurchase group yesterday...I'm not totally happy with the way they worded it but, it is a definite improvement from the previous one...It's as follows:

The vehicle is free from any abnormal damage or alterations which impair its resale value. The customer is not responsibe for any damage caused by the prop shaft or any damage incurred after May 24, 2002. The rest of the letter remained the same. It will take 7-10 business days for them to process a check and get it to the dealership. We can then make arrangements to pick up our truck...Hopefully things will go smoothly from this point on...Will keep you posted as things progress...Mike G.

Thank you all for your help and encouragement...you've been great.....

[ 10-29-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

imported_
10-29-2002, 18:31
Mike G.

Thats great news. Sounds like it may finally be coming to an end. Personally i would have gotten way upset & blew a gasket at someone with GM before now. Buts thats just the way i am.
You are a very patient & its paying off now.

Mike G.
10-29-2002, 19:57
fishingn, have tried to be patient with them and get them to deal with me fairly, but there have been times I would of like to tear someones head off...It's seems like they were trying to push us to the limit....5 1/2 months is a long time to have to battle with people....over the phone and thru correspondence....at times you feel helpless. Thank goodness it's almost behind us...We have one more hurdle to go over and that is their settlement...We are hoping they are going to keep their word and reimburse us for all our after market expenses as well as the towing expense to get the trailer home....as well as to pay the cost difference between the 2002 & 2003...As they say it isn't over til it's over....Mike G.

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

Mike G.
11-02-2002, 21:43
Here's the latest...Have not received confirmation from the repurchase group or a statement showing what they are going to pay still waiting.............Mike G.

Mike G.
11-04-2002, 21:06
Here's the latest....It has been one week since I faxed the confirmation to the repurchase group...I still have not gotton confirmation from them. I left two messages with them later in the week again requesting confirmation and a copy of the statement and approximate delivery date of the truck....I called again this morning got their voice mail and left another message....Didn't hear back.....They just do not care about their customers.....We will have 6 months invested into this mess by the time they get around to getting us our truck....unbelieveable......will keep you posted. Mike G.

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

imported_
11-04-2002, 22:20
Mike G.

Hopefully you will here something very soon from GM. I just cant beleive a company this size cant get there chit together & take care of a customer. But i guess thats the way they operate these days. Always screw the working guy.

Mike G.
11-04-2002, 23:52
fishingn...I hope so....but, past dealings with them have had me waiting sometimes for weeks....
I wonder if it's because they don't care (which is the type of attitude they've displayed) Or because they are so overloaded....If it's because they are overloaded and they are buying back alot of vehicles...then what does that say about the quality of their product?....either way it does not look good for their customer relations...I am just so sick of dealing with them I just want to get this resolved but, not without them dealing with me fairly...after all this time I'm not going to settle for them screwing me over.....If I had known from the beginning that this was going to drag on this long I definitly would of changed to another vehicle...and dropped GM. If I have problems with this vehicle and getting it serviced I'll be done with GM permanently......
Mike G.

mackey_62
11-05-2002, 06:57
Mike, been following your saga..........

Keep your fingers crossed brother, your almost there. About the only thing I can offer here is that your dealing with one of the worlds largest corporations. I know it seems like someone's dragging their feet, but the wheels do turn slow. Your buyback paperwork probably has to go across 20 different desks, 20 signatures/approvals and then probably submitted for approval to some VP atop an ivory tower. If any one of these guys is on vacation, add a week to the process. I'm only speculating here. At least the wheels ARE turning.

If I was in your position.........well.......... I'd have a hard time being so patient. I'm sure GM counts on some of these claims going away with time as people like yourself get fed-up and just give-up.

I'm just curious, in your conversations, did you ever get any indication of how many buybacks GM processes in a year? or number per 1,000 sold?
They have a Buyback Dept, must be enough to keep a department busy?

Mike G.
11-05-2002, 12:21
Mackey_62...I've been hanging in there this long, I'm not about to give up now...Unfortunately GM has time, money, and lots of on staff attorneys on their side....

You are the second person who has mentioned how slow the wheels at GM turn....

I truly believe after dealing with them all this time, that they intentionally drag their feet. If they were truly concerned about customer satisfaction they would of had this resolved a long time ago. Due to the extensive damage to the truck and the fact that they agreed back in June to repurchase the vehicle this should of been settled back then. We found several 2002 trucks that they could of worked out deals on they just chose not to...they chose to make us wait...

We recently had someone tell us of a friend of theirs who had a problem with their Ford vehicle while on vacation....Ford did a buy back with them and they had a new vehicle in about a month..

You know they MUST have a number of repurchases or they wouldn't have a separate division for this. One of the lines of BS we got in the beginning was that they weren't use to dealing with this type of situation....GIVE ME A BREAK....The only thing that may be a little unusual about this is they aren't use to a truck sustaining this much damage at one time....and the fact this was not an on going problem (lemon).
I received a statement for someones elses settlement with GM on their vehicle (by mistake)...So you know we are not the only one dealing with them...I wonder how long that guy had been hasseling with them???

There still is no excuse in my book for the treatment we have received from these people and for the length of time it has taken them to get this resolved.....
Mike G.

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: Mike G. ]</p>

Mike G.
11-06-2002, 17:37
Well miracle of miracles...I finally received a fax from the repurchase group. The tenative delivery date of my truck is November 12th...I am suppose to coordinate the delivery with the dealership once they receive the paperwork...I guess they have never heard of overnight delivery...

I decided to send a fax of my own back to them it goes as follows....

I guess I should be thankful because even though you did not return any of several calls over the past week, you did finally respond to my request of Monday, October 28th to acknowledge receipt of the signed settlement offer and notify me when I can pick up my vehicle! Hallelujah Hallelujah!!!

Your latest letter says I need to coordinate the scheduled date (November12) with the dealership and you-the contact person(Iwill make an appointment to get my vehicle with the dealership as soon as we are both available.

How can I coordinate ANYTHING with you? Over the past several months, frequently it has taken me numerous calls and days at the least-usually well over a week and then some-just to get a call back from you! This past week was not any different -I called you several times last week and this week and you still haven't returned any of my calls!!

To put it mildly you are VERY VERY VERY, if not impossible to get a hold of..please call me if there is any more "coordination" required, other than me arranging to see the dealership soon after the 12th, which I can do without your assistance, thank you very much!!!

It's been a barrel of monkeys dealing with all of you good folks at the repurchase center and I am hopeful (probably foolishly so, knowing the service received over the past five months) that I can soon put all you folks in my very forgotton past!! Your customer service is the most pathetic, difficult and infuriating process I have ever had the misfortune of putting myself through!! Hopefully, you don't kill every one of your good but misfortunate customers!!!!

PS My new truck has been sitting at the dealer's for over two weeks now - I hope your paperwork gets there no later than the 12th - why paperwork isn't already at this dealership is beyond me - you've had months to get it ready....

I doubt I will get a response to this one....

Will keep you all posted as things progress further...Mike G.

Mike G.
11-07-2002, 11:49
Well miracle of miracles...i actually got a phone call yesterday from my contact at the repurchase group, and I didn't have to wait days or weeks....maybe my fax did some good....They were their same old warm receptive bubbling personality (not). Still do not trust them and I am keeping my guard up...Mike G.

Mike G.
11-12-2002, 14:23
Well today is the 12th...I was suppose to be picking up my truck today...but, alas the paperwork did not arrive at the dealership..(they said no mail delivery due to Veterans Day) Guess GM does not want to incurr the cost of overnight delivery...Will check with the gen mgr. at the dealership this afternoon to see if the paperwork has arrived....will keep you posted. Mike G.

Mike G.
11-13-2002, 14:58
Here is the latest...Gen mgr. called today he has received PART of the paperwork. He phoned and they are suppose to ovenight mail the remainder to him. Hopefully he will have it by tomorrow and we can pick up the truck tomorrow or Friday providing everything is correct.....Mike G.

DieselDennis
11-14-2002, 12:15
Keep at'em Mike. You're this close don't let it all fall apart now !

Mike G.
11-14-2002, 18:25
Diesel Dennis...We're still at em....Just spoke to the Gen Mgr. a little bit ago...He now says they are overnight mailing the papers today(heard that before)....I told him I would be calling him at 10AM tomorrow to set up a time to pick up the truck TOMORROW and they better have the paper work in.....They have had nearly 6 months to get this done, enough is enough.....He is about as happy with me as I am with him right now....can't wait to be done with these people.....
In the meantime I have an appointment Monday 9AM to get the 5th wheel hitch and brake controller put on, next it will be the vented tailgate and mirrors then the running boards...hopefully all before Thanksgiving....When we hope to take the 5th wheel out for the first time....ready for a little R&R...will keep you posted...Mike G.

conradv
11-14-2002, 18:50
Mike - I'm glad you finally "won" (just a touch of sarcasm) your truck... ;) You've been at it about 6 months too long in my book.

Mike G.
11-14-2002, 20:19
Conradv...Couldn't agree with you more...If I knew back then (May) what I know now...I would not of gone thru this (hindsight is great).....If they had been honest from the beginnning this would not of gone on....Nothing but one lie after another...at least we are almost there.....I can put it behind us and enjoy the new truck.....Mike G.

Mike G.
11-16-2002, 00:41
Todays Update...WE GOT OUR TRUCK...PICKED IT UP THIS AFTERNOON...

Found out they stil have the 2002...GM is suppose to pick it up in about 3 months and they are going to total it...

Thank you to everyone who offered information, and support....we really appreciate it...Mike G.

FisHn2DMax
11-16-2002, 01:43
Mike G.

You are one Patient Man!

Congratulations on finally getting your truck!

Please keep us inform as to how you like your new truck? I've been following this thread from the beginning. You're one cool customer! The average guy would have burst a vein by now! I think you've proven that with enough patience and persistance there's usually a pays off in the end. I just hope in your case the new truck is everything you expected and more! God knows you deserve it!

Good Luck! smile.gif

Mike G.
11-17-2002, 04:13
FisHn2DMax - Thanks for such kind words....I am so happy to finally have this truck...I have spent the last two days driving it around and getting it fixed up...ordered the running boards yesterday should have them next week Hopefully. Had the vented tailgate put on it today (for towing) Monday is the 5th wheel hitch and brake controller....I still haven't found the mirrors I want yet but, I will....already have 200 miles on it...helped having the dealer an hours drive from here....Have found most of the changes to be an improvement...Will let you know how it did when we tow our 5th wheel for the first time...Thanks again for your support I REALLY appreciated it. Mike G.