PDA

View Full Version : Early Delivery on 2003 Duramax!!!!

Bobcat698
09-11-2002, 15:15
Well, a whiles back I made a post about ordering a Duramax on 7-19. The dealer said we would be "luck to get it by our trip in October". Well, the middle of August I called him up & he gave me a TPW of week 3 of September, next week, probably not sooner.
The truck will be a 2500HD Crew Cab Long Box Duramax/Allison LT in White (again)

Well, Long story short, he called today & we the truck will be at the dealer ANY DAY now!

It is WAY ahead of schedule.
So, all we have to do is wait for them to put on the: Running Boards, B&W turnover ball, bug shield, grill guard, skid plates (forgot to order them) & the 5th wheel trailer light hookup.
RK Trailer Sales is going to put the B&W turnover ball in, just like they did on my old 6.0L.

Can't Wait!!!
Plus, after I get some miles on her, I can disprove my Farmer Boss that the Duramax IS a good engine & WILL hold up.
He keeps trashing the Duramax saying he knows a few "Farmers" that had them & cracked the block.
BS!
I already got a K&N Filter ordered out for it.

I am planning to run only Rotella NON-Sythetic in this truck, does that sound like a good idea?
I won't run sythetics, because IMHO, they just cost more & don't give you much or any advantage over non synthetic, based on tests I have read.

Garrett

conradv
09-11-2002, 16:15
Sounds like the CC LB D/A trucks are on the fast track. Here's how my quest has been going:

August 23, 2002 - Ordered 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC LB SLT Duramax/Allison 4x4 (Model TK25943)

August 28, 2002 - GMC picked up order (order number: FPPWTV)

September 10, 2002 - GMC issued TPW of Sep 30, 2002

Tentative delivery week of: Oct 23, 2002

The way it's going I should get it before the snow flies!

TimofCharlotte
09-11-2002, 16:27
Bobcat, you may want to give strong consideration to Invincasheild on the white truck, vs a plastic bug sheild. Mine is white, and the Invincasheild is tough to see unless you're close up. Has been holding up well, 6 months, 6000 miles, no sign of wear or lift. I have some pics you may want to view.
Enjoy.

Bobcat698
09-11-2002, 16:35
Well, can you Post the link to your pictures?

I will consider it.

Are you sure it doesn't get dirty?

I can get a white one, my dealer offered it to me.
I was worried it would be harder to clean, if bugs & stuff get on it.

Lets see the pics!

Garrett

Bobcat698
09-14-2002, 13:53
Can you answer me please guys?

Thanks.

GS