PDA

View Full Version : DMAX "lurching"

uncle t
09-12-2002, 09:27
Yeasterday on two occasions as I was manuevering my truck in my driveway the truck lurched forward as if i had been slightly rearended. This happened a couple of times in the past as I was easing into the garage. I know I read the problem here before but can't find it. Anyone remember what the problem was or the fix?

MNBowTie
09-12-2002, 11:26
Take off the lead shoes and try bare feet! :D No, just kidding, I had a similar issue plus the busy shift. My dealer updated the TCM and so far the lunging hasn’t returned and the busy shift is much improved. For me the lunging was more apparent when I was towing a load and didn’t come to a complete stop before accelerating again, espcially when traveling down hill.

mackin
09-12-2002, 16:02
There was an issue to resolve this on a reflash,mostly when rolling to a stop.....Try the search feature...Also seen here , don't drive tow footed seems the Allison doesn't like it and will lurch as you describe.....

MAC

ronkdmax
09-13-2002, 17:01
Had mine in yesterday for the same thing. Dealer did all the updates to the PCM, replaced the TCM and did those updates. Shifting much better now and getting even better with more mileage and so far no sign of the lurching.

keilb
09-13-2002, 20:41
My 02 D/A started doing that just before the pressure regulator in the fuel pump went away.
It had also started to develop a lopy idle which it had not done since new. A new fuel pump cured the problem. The tech told me that at idle the fuel pressure was jumping from 5000 to 15000 lbs. There was about 12000 miles on the truck when this happened.