PDA

View Full Version : Removed catalytic(sp) converter today.

Randee of the Redwoods
09-13-2003, 18:49
Dude, man, dude...how did this thing EVER run? As per someone telling me, sure enough, it was plugged. I had a friend cut the cat out of the pipe so I can swap in a piece of straight pipe. The cat now is just it's own little football housing. If you try to look through it, you can see a screen on each end. In the bright sunny afternoon here(Alexandria, VA on Sat), you could MAYBE see a 1/2" dot of light through the unit. You can see mre soot plugging the screens than you can light passing through. Performance difference? You bet! It's no tire smoker, but even my friend noticed a big difference in seat of the pants feel and this is only the third time he's ridden in it.
Now I move further back. How restrictive is the stock muffler?

moedog
09-14-2003, 18:07
YOU MUST REPLACE YOUR TURBO DOWNPIPE, FACTORY SMASHED NEXT. IF YOU REALLY WANT A SWEET SYSTEM, BUY KENNEDYS 3.5 INCH ENTIRE SYSTEM AND LET IT REALLY EXIT !!!!

Randee of the Redwoods
09-15-2003, 13:02
Downtube is next, but I can't swing the whole thing. I'm going to get the downtube, then get a straight section of pipe to replace the cat and let it go through the factory muffler for now.

ucdavis
09-15-2003, 17:13
I think the correct spelling is 'cataclysmic' converter ;)