PDA

View Full Version : Gauges???

D-Maxtim
09-13-2002, 09:20
I am going to install an AfE intake and filter to my stock 01 D/A and a 4inch exhaust. My question is what gauges do you recommend for a guy the uses
his truck for hauling a 13,000 lb. Fifth wheel. I figured EGT but do I need pre and post tubo also?

Kennedy
09-13-2002, 09:37
EGT and boost. More Power did an excellent installation review of the ISSPRO gauges on the DP.

I'd save my money on the intake. If you insist on a cotton gauze filter :mad: just drop one in the stock box. That way the MAF sensor will not give you grief.

I've got an much/more done to my truck as any, and all I have is the Amsoil filter in a very slightly modified OEM box...

tpitt
09-13-2002, 10:12
D-Maxtim,
I have the AFE filter setup on my 2002, and haven't had a bit of problem with the MAF sensor.
Does it help? I'm not sure. I'm not a big fan of open element airfilters. Will put the stock one back on sometime and test it that way.
EGT's should be pre-turbo. I feel this is the most accurate way to check. The only disadvantage to this is if something should happen to the probe, it would go through the turbo. This would be extremely rare. tpitt

CanadaKev
09-13-2002, 18:34
Tim,
I have the AFE air intake system and have had no difficulty with the MAF sensor. I had a K&N in the stock box and it didn't seem like there was any improvement over OEM. After the AFE went on you can really hear the air flow and it seems as though the turbo doesn't have to work as hard.(JMHO)
Exhaust temp. and turbo boost are a good idea. I had my probe installed post turbo just to be safe.
Kev

afp
09-13-2002, 22:35
I have the K&N Aircharger system. It replaces the factory airbox and ducting. It seals the underhood air off from the intake. I put this one the day after I bought the truck. I immediately noticed more throttle response, and I can hear the turbo start to work at around 1200 rpm. I have had no MAF problems either. Also, the K&N guys are getting back oil analysis results and are finding their silicone levels are fine--this is much to the dismay of the Amzoil guys.

Blaine

Blaine