PDA

View Full Version : Dura Bucks!!!!!

Marty Lau
06-11-2002, 17:25
Howdy,
This message comes from Montana, #50 in wages paid and 47# for per capita income. Looking at one of the Forums and seeing the price that the DuraBucks cost, me think I will keep the 6.5TD until she's ready for the scrap heap. I paid a flat $20K for my new 95 in 96. Almost double price WOW........ I guess there is no upper limit to the price people will pay for these things. Because trucks and SUV are such hot items the makers have priced these things high, from what I read the factory make an average profit of over 7k per truck and SUV!!! Ya think they at least would share a bit with the dealers. As long as people keep paying the price they will keep them high. It looks like I'm being paid by GM to keep up my 6.5 and run her until major problems occure. Or the the other choice is come replacement time I'll look at one couple years old to let someone else pay the big depreciation.

Doing a check on GM Buy Power the MSRP is about 11K more for as close as I can get for what my truck MSRP was 6 years ago.
:( :rolleyes:

thanks for reading my rantings

Marty

mackin
06-11-2002, 20:34
16ga SxS ,
Your right. That is what supply and demand is all about ...... Hate to burst your bubble but, GM is making a lot more profit then that off a single D-MAX sell ........Ya they spread it around a little ..... But mostly to the white collars high up on the food chain........ BUT I will support them why ======>

Remember one thing.On a positive note... Without GM a major part of the economy would collapse. This is what I've been told,and believe, they are a huge employer, and the outside work they give to large and smaller companies is phenomenal .... Even myself when they stopped buying steel whether for brakes, springs, exhaust, sheet metal,relays,ETC....Being in the steel industry, I seen a drastic decline when they stopped ordering to deplete inventory .... I won't even touch the plastics to foam and cloth .......They list would be to long .......I know some is imported, but still a lot is produced domestically ........They spin the jobs believe me .......The American way ..... Apple pie, baseball and CHEVROLET ......
MAC smile.gif

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Jelisfc
06-12-2002, 15:49
I agree with Mackin. Take 9-11 for instance. What if all of the major auto makers hadn't done the zero percent financing etc. On the one hand you could say they were opportunistic because it kept them going and made them money but...it also kept a lot of people employed in markets far beyond automobiles.

mark45678
06-12-2002, 20:46
Marty look on the bright side these 2500HD dont drive as nice as your 2x4 truck! even if the new trucks a 2 wheel drive it still has the same suspension as its 4x4 brother!!! Coil springs ride nice !!!! I love my 93 for that reason!

SoCalDMAX
06-12-2002, 22:11
Marty,

I hear ya about rising prices on everything. I get really depressed when I look at how much something costs and figure out how long it's gonna take me to buy it with after-tax dollars.

The bright side is, it motivated me to find the best deal on the truck (purchased in MN for $33,800 and delivered locally for $150). With 0% interest, I feel I got the best deal possible on the best truck (for me) at this time.

I don't think I could have gotten this much truck for the same price from Ford or Dodge. And it's quiet and powerful to boot. Add the Juice to it, and it's even quieter (at WOT) and SCARY to drive.

I have 6 vehicles (too lazy to sell the 2 I really don't need.) In 6 mos, I've put 12,000 mi. on the Dmax, while the rest look like abandoned cars. I know I should drive them, but every morning when I reach for the keys, the grin wraps around my head, common sense goes out the window and I drive off in the Dmax. This is the most fun I've ever had without having to apologize to someone afterwards. ;)

Regards, Steve

Marty Lau
06-24-2002, 12:05
Thanks for the replies guys! smile.gif

Mark, yeah your right about the ride!! I really don't need a DuraMax as my 6.5 has all the power I need. I'm glad to see so many of the DuraMax owners happy with their rigs! I hope GM brings out the V-6 version, it would be a nice engine for those of us who don't need MORE POWER! (sorry Jim) A V-6 MidiMax would be about right in 1/2 ton and a light duty 3/4 ton or a Suburban or Tahoe. IMHO what this country could use is more Diesels. We don't need to keep send all our green back to Arabs!

Marty

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: 16ga SxS ]</p>

ryeguy
06-24-2002, 12:42
You're right, the prices have gone nuts. But they aren't going to get any better. That's why I bit the bullet and got mine. I love it, but it ain't cheap. But I do plan on keepin' it forever.

--Rob

deerhunter7
06-24-2002, 13:06
I agree with SoCalDmax , I did my deal in July 01
for a 2002 truck . Got for 600.00 over invoice and
Blue Book for my trade . Came in Oct.2001 and got the 0% financing . Yes they are mega bucks but I
feel the deal was good. Worked 3 diffrent Dealers
to get to there. :D