PDA

View Full Version : BD finally has the XMONITOR available!

CanadaKev
09-13-2002, 18:09
I can breathe easier. I got's guages! EGT, Boost & Back pressure. I'm no longer pulling in the dark. Hauled a load o' heifers. 26K GVW. Pulled some 10% grades. Max egt's 850 deg. post turbo.(Didn't want the probe pre-turbo just in case it broke, ugh!!)
Could only get the back pressure to 35psi(supposed to be able to hit 55psi??????) and turbo boost maxed out at 25.
Switched from T/H level 2 to Normal on level 4 to see if I got any change in egt. Nothing, no difference.
Driving empty the egt stays right around 450.
These numbers about what you guys and gals are seeing?
Kev

tpitt
09-13-2002, 20:58
CanadaKev,
I've had an X-monitor for quite some time now. It fact I've sold quite a few. I like it, as it doesn't obstruct your vision like the guage pods do.
My E.G.T.'s usually spike out around 1200* but once or twice about 1300* or so. My probe is preturbo.
Will be installing BD exhaust brake soon. Just got 3 in today and one is for me. I'll play with the pressure settings and see what I end up with. I have the test guage and will compare it to the X-monitor to see if I get different readings.
I'll keep you posted on the results. It will probably be next week though, as my regular job prevails. :( :( tpitt

DMAX Daddy
09-13-2002, 21:48
tpitt,

could you post some x-monitor pictures or email to me at randysmith@hotmail.com please?

Im very interested in one, just trying to decide what gauge package to go with (after wife lets me have my credit card back! ;) )

GBurton
09-13-2002, 22:27
I have to agree with Terry (tpitt) I have had my X-monitor for several weeks now. I like it very much. I saw a truck with three gauge pods and I did not like the looks. The X-monitor does not block my view at all. Very fast response and it does have user adjustable alarms for each parameter. The case come in your basic black, if you have black trim on the "A" piller it looks good. In my case I have grey trim so I had to buy matching paint - OUCH! Pricey stuff but it looks good. I have enough left over to paint a bunch of the mounts. Anyone need a light grey paint job?

George

Buck
09-14-2002, 00:54
tpitt,

What does the ATS duals sound like on the Dmax compared to singles? Is it very loud? How loud in overdrive at 60mph?

See, in Wisconsin anything louder than stock is illegal. I'm trying to find the "quietest" 4"+ system and so far the Banks system is winning.

MAD-MAX
09-14-2002, 09:23
Hay it,s aganst the law to FART in k-mart here in WISCONSIN Too!!!
RUN THE pipe ..LIVE A LITTLE...

:D :D :D LOVE my straight pipe when the JUICE cranks Black Smoke in the window of the D*d#e as i Blow off his doors (Also illegle---)
Later
MAD-MAX

tpitt
09-14-2002, 12:20
Buck,
The A.T.S. duals are louder than stock. They have a very nice sound to them, and sound more like a big block, but not an obnoxious noise. I certainly haven't heard all of the exhaust systems out there, but have had nothing but positive comments about mine.
I was at a G.M.C. dealer the other day. (Friend of mine bought a new Duramax) Anyway all of the salesman were admiring the sound and quality of my exhaust system. They all stated that this was the best system they have heard. Left them lots of business cards. :D :D :D Terry

Buck
09-16-2002, 00:06
Terry, thanks that is what I was looking for.

SWLA
09-16-2002, 09:36
CanadaKev,

How do you like the Cooper Discoverer S/T? I'm sure you know ther aren't a lot of choices in the 255/85. How is the ride and is there much road noise. Any complaints about them? I am considering those tires, but I am leaning toward some Interco Trxus MT's because I can get them direct from Interco, which is about 60 miles from where I live, for $115 per tire. The Cooper dealers want $150 a tire for the S/T's.

CanadaKev
09-16-2002, 15:56
SWLA,
I like the Discoverer's. They handle a load really well. I replaced the stock Good-year AT's. I immediatly noticed increased road noise, but I don't even hear it anymore. It's not aggravating. If your considering M/T's, they will even be more aggressive yet.
Kev