PDA

View Full Version : Duramax power

JoeyD
09-13-2002, 19:46
I copied this from the Dodge web site, thought you guys would like it.

Rode in a HOT Duramax yesterday...

I'm a huge fan of "our" trucks, but I just had to share this story with the group. Took my '95 Dodge to Angola, IN last night to have a set of gauges, BD exhaust brake and HD exhaust springs installed at Dave's Diesel.
While they were working the owner Rick asked me if I wanted to kill some time and go up town to the
hardware store. We jumped in his project truck. 2002 Duramax w/ the Allison trans. He jumped on it a little bit on the way... I said "man this thing runs pretty good?. He just smiled and kept driving. On the way back he turned up the knob on his dash all the way to the right. I have NEVER been a vehicle (especially a truck) with that much raw power. He feathered that throttle and even at 1/2 - 3/4 pedal those back tires where like they
were on grease. At approx. 30 MPH he hit it pretty hard again and the tires completely let loose. It was awesome. He said the truck is making just shy of 500 HP and I think he said 1,200 ft/lb. (don't quote me on the torque figures. ) It reminded me of a big block car from the 60's and 70's.
I love it that these trucks just keep getting better and better. When Ford and Chevy raise the bar it can only make DC do the same. It's going to get fun the next 10 years I think...
By the way if any of you are looking for a certified BOSCH dealer with tons of knowledge in all the aftermarket goodies. Don't be afraid to get ahold of Rick. He is a perfectionist and likes to keep his customers happy. I can't wait to hook up a big load and try out my new brake. Should be fun... thanks guys. Later, Jeff