PDA

View Full Version : Our 02 3500 the juice, mods and pictures updated

MaxDMax
06-12-2002, 06:30
I have had the Juice for about a month now and have had time to give a report. The juice is great, pulling our 12,000+ 5th wheel is now a breeze. Hills that used to create 5th to 4th shifts no longer are a problem. Mileage is up 2 MPG. Unloaded the truck is awesome, I out ran an 02 PS diesel by an easy 3 seconds in a quarter mile this week. Also the Kennedy headlight harness is great. Best truck I have ever owned.

I also updated my picture page at http://www.picturetrail.com/maxdmax

mackin
06-12-2002, 15:07
MaxDMax,

Nice truck ......... Any future mods on the table?

Really looks good .......

MAC :D

NutNbutGMC
06-12-2002, 15:32
^.... Nice lookin' machine.... for a Chebby... :D

MaxDMax
06-13-2002, 04:36
Mackin,
I like your Black D-Max also!!! I have been color blind since birth and wanted black origionally, but could not wait to find one. No big deal to me all the dark colors look pretty much blackish to me any way, the black just looks a little darker. <GRIN> As for more mods, between my Son's MX racing, this new truck and toybox trailer along with his racing every weekend I am averaging about 400 to 500 miles each weekend and spending lots of $$$. I need to lay off the mods for a while, but I always will have plans!
Future mods:
#1 I would like to lower the back of the truck about 1 to 2 inches soon. I have looked at the velvet rides and the belltech shackles and worry about the overload stops not really helping actually lower the back when the 5th wheel is attached.
#2 Mag-Hytec Differential Cover
#3 When I change the trans fluid at 25,000 I will install a deep pan on the Allison.
#4 A friend suggested painting the black plastic trim above the front bumper the same as the truck's green.
#5 I am using a laptop for DVD, but a DVD system for my kids may be in the future.
#6-XX Whatever MODs you all do that I can not resist, that is my problem I like doing the MODS as much or more than having them!!!! Stop please!

01_Duramax_Dually
06-13-2002, 07:56
MaxDmax,
Very nice ride. Man...The dually's(oooops sorry MDRAG..... DOOLEY) are such a nice looking truck...Especially the "Chebby's" as NutNbutGMC would say... :D

Boy do I understand the additonal mod thing ...I am traveling a bit more than you every 2 weeks for racing and our hobbies are not cheap. So truck MOD's have been non-existent. I am about ready for a set of tires in another 5-7K. I have to make a decision about switching to 19.5 wheels then...HOPE that is possible.

Glad to hear the Juice Box is working well. I have been considering one of those. Been waiting for the price to drop down to a palatable number. The craze is almost over and all of them will adjust to what the market will bear... :D

Again, Excellent truck....

Enjoy....

Carry On.... :D

www.j-line-racing.cityslide.com