PDA

View Full Version : Juice Box Question

ALLAMERICAN1
06-12-2002, 08:24
Hello Everyone, I have been a member in the backgroud for several months now and need some help.
First let me say what a great forum this is, I have really gotten a great deal of good information here. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!, BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED, 15000 TROUBLE FREE MILES.
I own a CA model 2002 GMC DMAX, ext cab, 4X4, Autometer Gauges, 4 inch exhaust. After following this forum for months I decided on the "Juice". Have had it now for about 2 weeks Power is great but I am having problems selecting different power settings. I have spoken to Aaron at edge several times, once while sitting in the truck trying to change power settings. He just sent me a new box, when it was installed yesterday it took the power setting the first time #2 in normal drive and #1 in tow/haul. I have not been able to change them since. I have tried both normal and tow/haul and all other power levels including #0, no change it still gives confirmation codes of #2 and #1.

Any Ideas Guys?

Kennedy
06-12-2002, 08:36
Turn the key on. WAIT for 15 seconds or so, then select level and do the APP thing. Aside from that I would next verify that the APP module is indeed seeing 100% ie: floor mat obstruction etc...

Allison Jettester
06-12-2002, 08:54
Welcome to the forum ALLAMERICAN1! I don't know if it makes a difference, but the instructions do say to engage the parking brake first. If you haven't been doing that, then try it. Also, get hold of a scanner and make sure the Throttle Position Sensor reads 100% with the pedal to the floor.

Good luck,
Joe

Love the Juice!

ALLAMERICAN1
06-12-2002, 12:26
Thank's for the input. John I talked to you a couple of days ago when I ordered the light harness. I have it in Park, no floor mats, have tried waiting till chime is off or before makes no difference. It sets it the first time through but then it is stuck in those power settings can't change it after 1st setting. I have tried changing about 15 times since yesterday afternoon. 1st box was very intermittent but would change eventually. New box has not changed since initial setting. no codes and truck runs fine.

I'm baffled

Billy14
06-12-2002, 12:59
AllAmerican1

Just got juiced today. Same problems identical to yours. Stuck in #2 (normal) #1 (tow-haul).

Tried everything like yourself with no success. Truck runs great & lots of power with #2 setting. Can't imagin what it would do in #4 if we can ever get them there.

Billy

Kennedy
06-12-2002, 13:15
Allamerican,

Not sure what to say, but I will say that it has come up that the first time you try to program it may not take.

I did one the other day, it did not take, so I went in the shop and got the destructions to make sure I was doing it right. Did it again, and no problem. One thing, and likely just a coincidence was that the first time I had the door open, and the second time I did not...

Also note on the light kit: Be sure to wipe the bulbs (Hella) with Isopropyl prior to installing whether you touch them or not as I have had a couple fail on installation. This happened to me personally. The next pair, I swabbed with iso, and no problems...

MAXed Out
06-12-2002, 13:47
J.K.,

Received my Edge Juice Box ver 3.2C this morning. Can't wait until I get off work. Hope I don't encounter the same setting difficulties as ALLAMERICAN1. smile.gif Thanks smile.gif

mackin
06-12-2002, 14:39
ALLAMERICAN1,

Couple other things .. Did you attempt different foot stomping speeds ? Also did you pause to see if the change oil light was blinking ? If it was wait till it stops ...... You could also disconnect reconnect stock ,start try again this time go for the full deal in OD ........ Then set T/H....... I should have my 3.2 soon ..... So I will pay attention to what your input is to your resolve ...... Oh hey, Welcome to the site ........Great forum .....None better for GM Diesels ......

MAC smile.gif

Billy14
06-12-2002, 14:40
<All with Juice Programming Problem>

Talked to Edge an hour ago. Arron walked me through the settings, cycling the Tow/haul button on & off.

The Juice now works fine confirming the settings desired. Just took awhile to get it to learn & store.

This big black puppy will sure bark now!

Billy

MAXed Out
06-12-2002, 14:55
Billy 14,

At what point in the programming procedure do you "cycle" the Tow/Haul button? Please elaborate on your conversation with "new daddy" Aaron?

Billy14
06-12-2002, 15:45
MAXedOut,

Hard to say without the possibility of presenting you & others with some false information. He had me try 6 or 7 different things before it all began to come together.

I would say though, it began to work when I used selector 1 for tow/haul, pressed the pedal down 3 times, then pushed the tow/haul button in & out again.

Best thing I can suggest is to call Aaron, because depending on what kind of results you get he'll tell you to try different things. I'm sure he'll really appreciate this suggestion.

Billy

Kennedy
06-12-2002, 20:02
If you pat your head and rub your tummy while chewing bubble gum and whistling Dixie...

I seriously think it is a coincidental thing, and something with the selector, APP, or Juice, etc is just not on the correct wave length.

This is why I was so eager to see a level confirmation mode!

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

Billy14
06-12-2002, 22:36
Kennedy,

I think your right. I decided to play with the programming levels again this evening to feel out a pattern. Guess What?

There is none, so far. Sometimes it would take the desired settings & sometimes it wouldn't. What I did find though, was if I did the tow/haul first & then pushed the button in & out a few times proceeding next to the normal run, changes were accepted most if the time on the first try.

For what it's worth.

Doesn't really matter to me just so I CAN make a change.

Billy

MaxDMax
06-13-2002, 03:46
I've had some difficulty changing settings with my 3.2 JUICE on my 02 3500 also. Seems I just have to be patient and very diligent until it changes. If I do not see the light do it's dance on the information panel, I try again. It has taken 4 or 5 times more than once. Also it seems if you give it 10 minutes or so turned off and alone the results are better.

Also I was wondering if the same people having this problem also seem to have some difficulty getting the oil change sequence to work. I do on the new truck, but did not have any problems with my 2001 Z71.

CanadaKev
06-13-2002, 19:43
OK Guys, I'm kinda green at this juice thing. So help me out please. Also I've temporarily misplaced the instruction sheet :(
How can you tell what setting you are currently in? (normal?), (T/H?) I assumed that T/H was in default(#2) but didn't know how to confirm that. So I think I cleared it by putting it in T/H (R) And cycling the pedal thrice. The message center flashed 5 times. Confirming the clearing? Put it back in T/H and (2) repeating pedal push. Message center flashed 5 times. Again, confirming setting #2???? Does flashing '5' times have any significance?
TIA, Kev