PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY.... Found a diesel that wanted to get it ON!

Alli-max
06-12-2002, 16:56
I was in Nacogdoches Texas on Sunday evening.... and saw this 24V D@dge coming up from behind, HEAVY black smoke coming out. Obviously modified. After a few cars cleared, we stopped at a light and his window was down, he smiled, and I rolled mine down... he said "lets go!"

Man, it wasnt even FUNNY. I felt like I was racing a Yugo. By the time I hit 40 mph, he HAD to be 5 lengths behind. I thought he had a 6 speed and couldnt spool the turbo, but NOPE! We got to the next light and he told me to pull over so he could look. :D I told him all I had was a box and 4" exhaust. He said he had some Banks stuff onm it (exhaust and some engine work, but didnt get into details).

In his defense though.... He had a regular cab 4X2, and I launched in 4X4 for traction. But in my defense, I have a LOT more weight than his rig.

The juice is the REAL DEAL!

NFLDMAX
06-12-2002, 18:27
Way to go Alli-Max. I never get that lucky. I guess the word is out ;)

SoCalDieselNewbie
06-12-2002, 18:44
Alli-Max,

YeeeeeeHaaaaawwwww!!!

My good friend, who really got me looking at the D-Maxes, goes out to Irwindale Drag Strip on Thursday nights (when he needs $$$$ for a project).

Not only does he take people's money in his big blocked Hillman, that has to run in the mid 9s, but takes money from the kids in rice-burners using his propaned & boxed 4x2 3500 Ext Cab (bought in Az).

It always reminds me of what my Dad used to tell me in my drag racing youth.... Never, I mean NEVER, race an old man that asks you to run for money!!! Cuz all that stuff you want for your car, he can afford.

Atleast you are picking on kids your own age. :D

mackin
06-12-2002, 18:53
Alli-max,

Nice KILL !!! ........ Go put a "NOTCH" in the juice box cover ......

MAC smile.gif

Kennedy
06-12-2002, 19:56
All I've gotten so far was a lousy Cavalier with a big chrome falsee :rolleyes:

Wasn't worth wasting the fuel or risking the ticket...

SoCalDMAX
06-12-2002, 21:58
Alli-max,

What the heck are you doing? That wasn't a fair fight. Only stock Dmaxes can race against bombed CTDs, I've heard it time and again on TDR. ;)

So lemme see if I got this straight, you travel all over the countryside, selling safety equipment. While driving like a demented 16yr old leaving rubber everywhere he goes.

Yup, I think we got your number. :D :D

Regards, Steve

PS: It's good to see it was all good fun for both of you. I'm planning on attending the local rIcEb0ys' 1/8mi drags at Qualcomm stadium soon, and if all goes as planned, some young feathers will get ruffled. ;)

MaxRock
06-13-2002, 09:14
Hey Alli-max,

I quote from your post...

"But in my defense, I have a LOT more weight than his rig."

Yea I bet you do have more weight. I bet that D@dge didn't have a refrigerator in his back seat!
:D

Go get'em Alli!!!

MaxRock

pullinpower
06-13-2002, 09:22
LOL,great kill Alli. Cant wait for you to come over this way so I can try that box out. :D

GrayMax
06-13-2002, 09:34
Be humble in victory.

I find the subject somewhat misleading. The past 1 1/2 years, I have read this forum, and the TDR. The Dodge guys were begging for DMAX owners to show up at countless rallies across the state and there were no takers. If you guys are in to racing other diesels, they are easy to find and best of all, the race is at the track and done right.

armalite
06-13-2002, 10:59
I actually had a mid 90's V-8 mustang for a late night snack the second day on the Juice!!!! He was upset to say the least.

Amianthus
06-13-2002, 12:15
Posted by GrayMax:
"I find the subject somewhat misleading. The past 1 1/2 years, I have read this forum, and the TDR. The Dodge guys were begging for DMAX owners to show up at countless rallies across the state and there were no takers. If you guys are in to racing other diesels, they are easy to find and best of all, the race is at the track and done right."

I whole-hearedly agree. The track is the best place.
The last rally I showed up to (Muncie) very few GM's showed up. Seems to be a disturbing trend. One Dmax did have some very respectable numbers. He put down 362 on the dyno (I'm thinking it's more like 410 or 415). Kudos to those that had the cahones to show up.

BTW Alli-max, if your feeling spry and you're in my neck of the woods, I'll take some time to put you in your place. tongue.gif Although I think it would be a stalemate. What I make up for in power, you make up in faster shifts. Do you think you're up to the task? :D

gun runner
06-13-2002, 13:16
Alli-max
I knew when you returned from that test run Sat. night, you couldn't wait to get one. You were grinnin ear to ear.

Way to go!

SoCalDMAX
06-13-2002, 14:06
As usual, I agree with Graymax and Amianthus. The track is the best place to get it on. The one thing I was glad to see was that they met and parted amicably, no ill will spread around. As diesel owners, they've got more in common than differences! Hopefully we'll see more Dmaxes show up at sled pulls and rallies as the mods get more common and we've all gotten the motors broken in. ;)

A WORD OF CAUTION TO EVERYONE!!

As nice as Amianthus is as a person and as friendly as he will continue to be after the race, don't bother to race him. Anyone crazy enough to go there will spend the next month trying to reattach his doors, headlights, hood, fenders - whatever blew off as Amianthus' truck streaked into the distance.

I'd love to meet him, but currently there isn't a Dmax or Allison built enough to give him a run. And I don't feel like exclaiming, "Yeah, but he only beat me by 4sec in the 1/4mi.! I almost had him!" :D

Regards, Steve

Alli-max
06-13-2002, 19:36
Amianthus

You are in WI!!! I drive a LOT, but not that much. The most Northern place I have been in this truck is Indy and Cinci.

You guys are missing the point. :rolleyes: HE ASKED ME TO GO. He thought he had something...and didnt. I dont do track racing, nor plan to. But I will kick the hell outta any doge or furd that pulls up to me at a light. :D :D

Amianthus
06-14-2002, 08:10
Alli-Max, occasionally the wife and I make it down to Texas. Galveston or Corpus Christy usually. Sometime we'll have to get together and tell stories.

The only guy I tried to race from a stoplight and got beat, was a fella in a black over grey Chevy Cavalier. Two reasons for that whoopin' I got. First, we were in traffic and someone pulled out in front of me (figure the odds). Second, I just had back surgery and working that clutch was excruciatingly painfull. When I catch that guy again for a rematch, I'm gonna make him look silly. :D

Reno DMAX
06-14-2002, 13:57
Maybe if I took my Edge Products Inc. sticker off my side window then the Dodge boys and Ford fellas would want to play. ;)

[ 06-14-2002: Message edited by: Reno DMAX ]</p>

mackin
06-14-2002, 16:23
Race track .......... What ta ???????

Well, I could see it know I'm at a light some Dodge or FORD or anything in between, grandma in her Subaru for that matter, rolls up trying to "MUSCLE" me and I DO WHAT .........????????

Power down my window and say ...... "EXCUSE ME SIR, MOM, BUT THIS IS NOT THE PROPER WAY FOR US TO SHOW OUR TESTOSTERONE, ESTROGEN, LEVELS ...... I KNOW IT IS A GENUINE ADRENALINE PUMP (girls get that right?).....BUT WE WILL NEED TO GO TO THE TRACK AND PLAY........WHAT IS THIS SOME KINDA DECOY.....? MAKE THEM PEE THERE PANTS LAUGHING THAT THEY DIDN'T NOTICE YOU DRIVE AWAY ...? That might work for you tree huggers out in CALIFORNIA .......

WHAT, are you kidding me ... PA PA PUSSY ain't written on my forehead ....... I say smok'em if you got the chance ....... tongue.gif
Us "loggers" out east, ain't looking to conver"saint", we's racing .........
Apparently in the LONE STAR State share the same view, I'm with you ALI........
Just be care full, there's kids at the bus stop,and cops in the bushes........

MAC :D :D

DISCLAIMER =&gt; The views of MACKIN'S are in no way to insight reckless driving ...... He is in no way to be held responsible ....... No one, I MEAN NO ONE should heed his advice ...... His DOG ate his tranquilizer prescription, and he cannot get more till next month ........

[ 06-14-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Maverick
06-14-2002, 19:42
I am with All-Max and Mackin .../\...I ate a 99 CCSB Power wanna boy with a chip, propane, and 5" exhaust. Spanked him off the line and out pulled him by 2-3 truck lengths at 70mph. This was with my stock 3500 and the juice. Its a good feeling when you spank him when he thinks he's gonna wax you. Shuts them up quick. Like Alli-Max, he asked me to go.