PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control

Brandenburg
03-10-2002, 19:06
I have an 01 D/A that doesn't have cruise, but I'd like to add it. I contacted Audiovox in search of one and they said "With this particular vehcile, you are able to use the 250-1316G that plugs right into the vehicle. You will then be able to use the factory cruise handle from Chevy." My question is, does anyone know where the cruise control module plugs into the vehicle? The dealer wants about $800 for this module and handle but I can get one from a salvage yard for $40 I just need to know where to find it.

Thanks.

Brandenburg
03-11-2002, 13:06
I stopped at the dealer today in search of part #s but they couldn't find anything on the cruise module for the duramax, the only cruise module listed was for gas engines. Is it possible that the cruise is just programmed into the ECM and all I'd need is the switch and maybe some programming? The guy at the parts dept. didn't have a clue.

Ironhead
03-11-2002, 15:04
See if you can talk to a tech. I was talking to the shop foreman about another wiring subject and he told me he had just installed a cruise control on a DMAX that didnt come with one, and everything was there. It was just a matter of adding a switch.

Brandenburg
03-26-2002, 16:58
Thanks for the tip, I got my switch today, put it on, and indeed, that was the only part needed. The cruise works great!

Ironhead
03-26-2002, 20:04
Glad to hear it! For once I didnt steer someone wrong! :D

Colorado Kid
03-27-2002, 18:18
If that switch costs less than $207 (Invoice price for cruise on Base Silverados, base and SL Sierras) then you've found a way to get ahead of the General! At least a little. Congratulations!

Brandenburg
03-27-2002, 20:38
About $160 w/ shipping from gmpartsdirect so yeah, I guess I did!