PDA

View Full Version : Duramax rebate

Diesel Dog
07-08-2003, 03:25
Gm just announced that in addition to the $3,000 rebate on Silverados, those with the Duramax and Allison get an additional $1,000 rebate. That's $4,000 rebate on a duramax pick up. Not too bad. My question is, if they need to sell D-max so much, they must have a glut of them. If that's the case, why in the heck do they keep putting off offering a D-max suburban? Maybe I need to go back and get an updated business management degree, 'cause the logic isn't there for me.

K1XV
07-08-2003, 09:05
The story as I understand it as to why there is no Duramax Suburban is that the Suburban chassis cannot accommodate the Allison.

Believe me, if they had offered a Suburban Duramax I probably would have gotten one instead of the CC 2500HD. But now, after owning the CC 2500HD, I think I would have bought it anyway even if a Suburban Duramax was available. I don't need 3 rows of seats, and all the cargo room in the Line-X lined bed is more useful than the Suburban cargo room.

Raptorrider2001
07-08-2003, 09:22
Thought I would trade for a new one until they offered me $24k for my '02 EC 4x4 with 24k miles and wanted $39.5k for a new one like it. I think not! :eek:

hoot
07-08-2003, 10:54
You would have to sell yours outright for maybe 28???

As long as I can remember trade in offers have always shocked me more than the sticker price of the new one. I haven't traded in a vehicle in probably 25 years. It's like handing the dealer thousands of dollars. Unconscionable when you look at both ends of the deal.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are reasons to trade. I have luckily been able to avoid them.

Skinny Blinky
07-08-2003, 13:54
My Brother & I just bought 2 new dmaxes only last week, only got 3k cash back....wonder if gm will spring for the extra grand???