PDA

View Full Version : Juice Question for Mackin, Kennedy, & Peanutgrwr

Billy14
06-12-2002, 23:06
Hey guys,

Got Juiced today & it's a real pain. Had to take 2 showers cause my back was so sweaty. Just couldn't seem to raise myself out of that dang leather seat.

Anyway, I've heard (or read) that most get better times & speed running in tow/haul. Is this true? Mine seems to run-out harder in normal with stronger & more positive shifts.

Bottom Line!
Took a neighbor for a ride who was very impressed given the size of the truck & "really good for a diesel", but, he had to mention he thought his 2000 stock Z-71 could take me. I don't think he's got a prayer, but then I don't want to get laughed out of the neighborhood either.

What do you think? Don't want my mouth to overload my a$$.

On Edit: He is also running 295's with a 4" lift.

Billy

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Billy14 ]</p>

getupingo
06-12-2002, 23:28
are you kidding me? tell your neighbor to bring it on.

getupingo

MaxDMax
06-13-2002, 03:30
I had a 2001 Z71 extended cab that I traded in for my now JUICED 2002 D-Max 3500. I would try a Z71 under any situation. They both have the *%^% speed limiter at 97 mph, and I just discovered there is a difference in how the 5.3 Z71 and the duramax cut the power. The Z71 cuts out big time and drops a few mph before the power comes back on and the D-Max seems to just level off at 97 mph. It will be close, but I think a JUICED Duramax would win. Good luck and let us know the out come.

ford2chevy
06-13-2002, 07:48
At 97mph you won't have to worry about it. He won't be anywhere around.

Billy14
06-13-2002, 10:22
Well :confused: . My high speed race days are pretty much in the past. Never been in a Z71 but it sounds like their alot quicker than I thought out the General's door.

This would be more of grudge race from 0 to 70 or so. We're both over 50 & our ears start flappin pretty hard if we get over 80 mph. :D :D

Billy

Kennedy
06-13-2002, 11:09
I would definitely leave with some boost, but the trick is to not blow off the tires, or use 4wd to launch. Shouldnt be much of a contest. He may get a bit of a jump due to weight differences, but from there, a Juiced Dmax should kill him. Especially if he has 265s and 3.73's which hold the high RPM gasser down too much IMHO...

Brad Pelot
06-13-2002, 11:11
I have had a Z-71, and a few of my friends have them as well. A STOCK duramax will smoke that 5.3!
With Juice, I feel sorry for him.( a gasser feels stronger than a comparable diesel).

MAXed Out
06-13-2002, 11:18
Just installed my box yesterday. On level 4 with 265 size tires, I cannot break traction. Is there a secret to laying down rubber or are my tires the problem?

I don't see a significant "hole shot" from the Juice.

Derek M
06-13-2002, 11:21
Are the Edge Juice box and the BD EZ Amp the same box? The latter with just a different label on it?

Thanks

MAXed Out
06-13-2002, 11:40
Derek M.,

Yes, they are the same. Edge Products Inc. is THE manufacturer. They sell to Banks (Reseller)which may perform some modifications. Banks sells their flavor of the Juice as the EZ Amp. J.K., keep me honest here.

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: MAXed Out ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
06-13-2002, 12:06
BILLY, DONT LET THE PUNK IN THE Z71 INTIMIDATE YOU. YOU GO FOR IT PUT A $20 DOLLAR BILL ON IT SO AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY HE PAID YOU FOR YOUR WASTE OF TIME smile.gif 5.3, 6.0, 8.1 YOU SHOULD HAVE THE UPPER HAND ON THEM ALL IF THEY ARE STOCK THAT IS. NOS DOES THESE ENGINES WONDERS IN THE PERFORMANCE CATAGORY. TO THE GUY THAT SAYS HIS TRUCK WONT BREAK THE TIRES LOOSE----- IT COULD BE YOUR TIRES OR YOUR TRUCK AND WEIGHT I HAVE 285'S ON A REG CAB 4X4 AND CAN PEAL RUBBER OFF AT WILL. STALL IT UP A LITTLE BIT AND GET SOME BOOST BUILT UP I PROMISE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BURN THEM THEN LOL tongue.gif

Billy14
06-13-2002, 12:24
MAXedOut & Kennedy,

John,
The guy is running 295's with wide wheels. I've got 295's with the stk. wheels. May be a little taller but not as much rubber on the ground with a higher crown.
The Z71 is a short box ext. cab.

MAXedOut,
Are you sure your on level 4. Depending on road surface, mine will break em loose most of the time from a dead stop & right off of idle. If I power brake to 15 - 1800 rpm & then hit it, I'd have to carry an extra set of tires in the bed. It normally will lay down stripes in 2nd & sometimes 3rd.
Temps. down here have been 95+ with over 50% humidity. Density alt. probably well over 5,000. Last night when it got under 80 deg. this thing would really SMOKE.

On Edit: Peanutgrwr
Just got your post. Thanks. I really think all of you are right confirming my original thoughts. This guy is really proud of his truck & should be. It's realllllly nice & tricked out. I just think he doesn't want to admit to himself a rattlin monster like we're drivin can hammer his little baby.

Billy

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: Billy14 ]</p>