PDA

View Full Version : Racor Part Numbers

VFRRider
07-08-2003, 17:11
Does anyone have a parts list for a Racor installation? I've decided on a Racor 600 series to go between my Transferflow Aux Tank and Main Tank. I'll run out to the Racor supplier in the next couple of days, I'd like to have a list handy. 56Nomad, I'll probably use a setup similar to yours, perhaps the larger filter tho. Still up in the air on location, either in the bed by the tank (in front of wheelwell mounted on side of box) or underneath somewhere near the fillneck for the oem tank. Anyone know of pros or cons? Looks like it will be a simple job, just put it in-line from the Aux tank's pump. I'll primarily run just by filling the Aux tank, so I get all pre-filtered fuel into the oem. Long trips I'll fill both (at least 2/3 of fuel will be twice filtered). The Tranferflow pump uses 5/16" i.d. hose to feed the oem..
Oh, and I almost forgot.. their tech sez that the pump delivers go-juice to the oem at 1/2 gal per min., anyone know if that would be a problem for 2 mic. filter media?? I don't know how quick you can flow through these filters, don't know how the pump would handle reduced flow/backpressure.
Thanks in advance smile.gif
Mike

[ 07-08-2003, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: VFRRider ]

Jack's Dmax
07-08-2003, 19:30
I installed a Cat 2-micron filter pre-OEM, and it works great. I also have the TFI 45 gallon tank and I had to drop it to gain access to the fuel lines.

Good luck with your installation,

Jack

56Nomad
07-12-2003, 23:01
VFRRider,

I just got back from a two week vacation and
trying to catch up......

the flow rate for the Model 660 is 60 GPH
the flow rate for the Model 690 is 90 GPH

I'm very happy with my set up

VFRRider
07-13-2003, 08:41
Thanks 56, I ordered the 690 with the 2 mic filter (6 pack filters). Should be in next week. Will give me time to finish my Transferflow Cross Bed Tank installation. We shall see if it will work in-line with their pump, their literature indicates their fuel pump is a solenoid pump with a "critical forward and reverse check feature". Probably will not allow any type of restriction as a safety feature. Guess I'll find out soon..
Thanks for info
Mike

steeltech
07-13-2003, 17:48
VFRRider: Just read your post and have been through exactly what you are doing. I have a 70 gallon transfer flow in the bed and installed a racor 690R2 between the tank and the filler nozzle. I installed the filter on the outside of the frame next to the filler nozzle. I needed a way to tell when the filter is beginning to clog so I installed an electric fuel pressure gauge (0-16 psi Stewart Warner)on the inlet side of the filter. Transfer flow states 1/2 GPM at max. 6psi. The 2 micron filter takes a little less then 1 psi to push the diesel through. Raycor states 6-10 in of mecury is close to plugged. This equates to 3-5 PSI. I will change the filter when I see 5 psi on the fuel pressure gauge. Also purchased the optional water in fuel sending unit. I only fill the transfer flow tank and therefore should always have pretty darn clean fuel in the factory tank. If you want to talk further--e-mail me at smboyles6@hotmail.com