PDA

View Full Version : Price of M&R Going Up, Up Up!

ChevysRus
07-09-2003, 12:11
Stopped by my local dealer last night to get an oil filter and 4 qt's of the Grape Juice to change the Rear Diff again. Heading up to Seattle next week for a Car Show pulling the car trailer. Just at 30K and thought I would change the Diff again (last done at 8K). The oil filter was $19.10 and the damn Grape juice went up from last time and is now $34 a qt. Last time I bought it it was $29 a QT. At least they gave me a 20% discount and then I thought about the $100 an hour labor I was saving and it stopped hurting a little.

My fault on the filter, I didn't re-order after the last change and thought I still had one on the shelf. No time to mail order so popped for the dealer one. Changing the rear diff. again so soon is probably overkill, but hey, it adds 25K to the life I hope. I changed the Transynd twice now so not doing that again for a while. Changed the oil and filter and discovered I was 1.5 qts short of the 11 qt's my truck takes (don't ask me why, it just takes 11 to get to the top of the in range mark). Thought I had 3 gallons on the shelf but 1 of them was down by more than half... measured 9.5 qt's replaced. Now I have to buy a whole case of Delvac 1 before I leave so I can top it up.

Reached for the tranny filter on the shelf and discovered that was actually an oil filter for my '03 Buick about the same size/color box.... so now I have to get a tranny filter before I go as well.You would think I could plan better! Must be my old age catching up with me LOL :rolleyes:

All these last minute purchases are going to cost me more than I had intended and I have no one to blame but me. :eek:

But at least everything will be turning smoothly and running cool with fresh fluids and filters as I burn up some asphalt and concrete between SF and Seattle hauling my car trailer with my '39 Chevy safely inside. Anyone in Seattle area going to GoodGuys in Puyallup weekend after this one, give me a holler and maybe we can meet up. :cool:

See Ya!

ski
07-09-2003, 17:51
bought the grape juice myself, albeit from gmpartsdirect.com couple of months ago and paid 16.64/qt. good site, shipping can sting sometimes though.

dmaxalliTech
07-09-2003, 20:26
chevysrus--email me

dmaxalliTech
07-09-2003, 20:29
chevysrus--email me