PDA

View Full Version : GM supplier or my own deal??

chicoc48
06-15-2002, 07:34
Hey guys-- another newbie here. I've been lurking in the shadows for about a year now, gathering all the info I possibly can about this awesome truck. I'm very close to buying- as there is finally a couple on my dealer's lots around here.
My question is: is the GM supplier discount a better deal than one can haggle on his own? Their website doesn't state very clearly how much a GM employee would actually pay, :confused: but says a supplier can get it for that cost + 4%.
Any ideas on making a sweet deal would be greatly appreciated. Hope to be driving one of those beauties within a month or so. Thanks in advance for any replies! tongue.gif

Kennedy
06-15-2002, 07:39
Most often YES. The beauty of GMO and GMS is that the price is SET, no hassling/haggling etc.

Pewter CC short LS on the lot here at Domine Chev in Loyal!

TXDMAX
06-15-2002, 08:50
With all things being equal GM supplier is a better deal than you can negotiate unless the dealer wants to loose money. GM supplier is GMS + 4%.

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-16-2002, 08:41
I bought mine under GMS pricing, took all of 5 minutes and saves alot of $$$$$$ + Rebates, Vouchers Etc,

listed for $42879.00
Bought for $37668.00 GMS + 4%
Overdive rebate -$2002.00

Go For it before there ain't no more at the store!!!!!!!

GMC :D

BigO
06-16-2002, 14:53
GMS was great for me. It was easy to do. I did have to hunt to find a dealer to honor on Dmax. It is a volunteer basis.

FirstDiesel
06-16-2002, 15:45
I don't know.

I walked into the dealer with a copy of the pricing on the truck off the Edmunds website. He made an offer and I told him he was off by a few thousand and showed him my paper. He went away and came back 5 minutes later with a price we both could live with.

BTW, at the time this was the only 3500 CC DA in the state other than a 4x4 that was over 100 miles away.

Sticker was $41,997.00
I paid $36,868.50 after rebabte,tax,tags and BS costs.

I was happy, 5 minutes of dealing and I had the truck I wanted from a local dealer.

dschroeder
06-17-2002, 05:13
I have bought three trucks now from my local dealer now since about 1999. I have slowly moved up the food chain to better and better trucks. I now have just about the top of the food chain in a duramax with the allison tranny. I have the advantage of getting GMO or GMS pricing due to relations with a GM employee. I work for a machine tool builder that supplies assembly and machining equipment for the big three. We actually have both production lines that assemble the 1000, 2000 and LCT Allison transmissions at Indy and Baltimore. In short, I get the "Supplier Discount" from GM. I think that supplier discount is about a joke. My local dealer is a great guy and we drink beers together all the time so maybe my relationship is a little better than someone new off the street, but my dealer has shown me the paperwork on all my trucks and what it would be with any discount. I don't know about the whole Duramax pricing games, but with my previous gas trucks I could have gotten a truck for about $700 over invoice price. The supplier discount would have actually been about $150 over that price. It doesn't matter since I use GMO or GMS anyway. :D

Carli_max
06-17-2002, 05:38
chicoc48,

I elected not to use the supplier discount, instead I purchased my truck from Buckles Motors in Urbana Ohio for $49.00 over invoice!!! Better price than the supplier discount, and no paper work to fill out!! :D

02_2500hd
06-19-2002, 07:16
Carli_max, I think your confusing dealer Invoice with dealer COST. The GMS price is a few $$$ over the price that GM charges the dealership for that vehicle, often several $K under dealer INVOICE.

My GMS price was ~$2200 under the Invoice price, and over 5k less then MSRP.

I don't think you could negotiate a dealer down to GMS price on a DMAX without the GMS certificate.
gary

johns
06-19-2002, 07:23
chicoc48

I negotiated a deal and then gave them the GMS form. I wanted to have a little fun first. GMS was a better price. They printed the screen and showed me the GMS price right on the paperwork.

Also, when you use the GMS program, any dealer options you'll get at wholesale. I got 3 dealer options and saved a bunch there too. Had I thought of it quick enough I would have had them dealer put on the PaceEdwards rolltop too. They would have sent it out (probably to where I took it) to be done and charged me dealer cost.

snowmo
06-21-2002, 12:30
Hey Carli_max, I see you have a two-tone 2002. I assumed that the two tone option was not available on the HDs. The GM Buypower website does not have that "option" although their brochures do not tell you that a two tone option is not available. What's the scoop?