PDA

View Full Version : Something you should know about your D.I.C.

DieselDixon
07-10-2003, 14:35
Well I just noticed a problem that could drastically change your average MPG if you are relying on the D.I.C. to give you your average. I just filled up my tank, reset my computer and hopped on the freeway. Drove five miles, got of the freeway and came to a stoplight. As I was sitting there I watched my AVG MPG go from 15.4 to 14.8. Now I guess this is probably the logical way of calculating the AVG MPG, average does mean average whether you are driving or sitting at an idle, but if you just wanted to know what your highway mileage is you better check it as you are driving. This is what I figure might be the big difference between all the numbers I see on the BB and maybe why my average towing MPG was a lot lower then what others have posted. Sorry, I

mdrag
07-10-2003, 15:44
You know that ALL the GM acronym guys are busting a gut on this one... :D :D

afp
07-10-2003, 21:44
Phallic acroynms aside, the most reliable way to calc your mileage is to fill up, track the mileage, correct for any speedo error, the do the math. The D.I.C is only an estimate.

Blaine

[ 07-11-2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: afp ]

DMAX Daddy
07-10-2003, 22:04
I used to watch the Instantaneous Mileage, but its not good to stare at your DIC while driving :D

DieselDixon
07-10-2003, 23:16
I try not to stare at it, but I do find myself getting bored on the long trips and start playing with my D.I.C. and watching the instant mileage.

I've done that manual calculating on other vehicles with these trip computers and have found them to come up with the same numbers. I will have to try it on this one a few times.

ChevysRus
07-10-2003, 23:43
My '01 doesn't have a D.I.C.....I mean, I wanted a big DMAX D.I.C., but it was not an option back then, so I had to settle for the pencil D.I.C. and do it all by hand!

I can't go on anymore, it's too Funny~~~~~~~~

:D :D :D :D

Victory Red
07-11-2003, 03:31
Just had to chime in here,

how come no one has mentioned limp mode being caused by working it too much? :eek:

mackin
07-11-2003, 04:14
You can't let your D.I.C. do all the thinking for ya ..... So you guys don't think your D.I.C. is an accurate measurment ?? Most don't, join the club .....

Mac :D :D :D

DuramaxDicko
07-11-2003, 05:37
I resemble that D.I.C.
dick :cool:

HD-Nate
07-11-2003, 08:24
:D HeHeee you guys are too much.

Us Corvette guys have been putting up with the DIC comments for some time.
The Driver Information Center has been on the Vettes since the