PDA

View Full Version : TTS REFLASH...........MY THOUGHTS

sdaver
03-23-2003, 21:19
Since monday the 17th of March Ive been running a reprogramed pcm courtesy of Steve Cole from tts. Its really nice having my speedometer/odometer corrected and the power is everything its billed to be and some.........a few races with a buddie with my hot juice on his 01 2wd extended cab proved that its every bit as strong as the hot juice........my trucks a good 800 to 1k pounds heavier and I pulled him a truck length and a half the first two races with him ahead on the third by half a length......we ran to about 90mph.....my truck now has a 125 top end limit and not that I really want to drive that fast all the time its nice when passing a minivan :D The tow setting is very potent also and I would say very close to the 90hp juice..........the in cab switch is very simple and easy to hide and can be switched at any point (without stopping) to one of three levels......economy(40hp)tow(85hp)race(125hp)..... .The limiting factor for making power is the allison. Ive had several long conversations with Steve Cole and found him to be very friendly and extremly knowlegable about the duramax. The tts reflash shifts like a stock duramax with the power of hot juice it does not defuel like the juice. I wish Steve could post more here on this site his knowledge and insight would be a great asset.....however theres some politics to be worked out. Every question Ive asked has been answered every message I left returned. My initial thoughts were that southern cal was to far away to deal with the issues of a reflashed computer but its just not so........the customer service I have recieved has been top notch. The install is not difficult and takes about 25 minutes and then about 30 minutes for the computer and the trucks security functions to gel.....Steve has definitly done his homework and it shows in the quality of his product. Hopefully my local dyno shop can get the bugs worked out of thier system and we can compare the predator hot juice and the tts reflash later this week :D :D :D dave

TN farmer
03-23-2003, 21:34
Dave this sounds good can't wait for the dyno results :D

GMC D-Max
03-24-2003, 10:39
Did you get a programmer from Steve, or did you just do a PCM swap?
I've been holding off on any sort of PCM reflash/programmers until the dust settles. But, Steve Cole's reputation speaks for itself, and I would have no qualms about dealing with him (as long as I could do it direct, not through a dealer).

Kennedy
03-24-2003, 10:54
The anti theft deal is unique to your truck Dave. The Power Loaders will take care of this for you, so there will be no additional time/hassle. I've had mine for some time now, and am intending to send it back for update as it just doesn't seem to perform like it should...

GMC D-Max
03-24-2003, 11:23
John, are you a dealer for the loaders, and are they from Steve Cole?

(P.S. John- The exhaust "drone" is less noticeable after a weekend of driving it around. Either that I'm just getting used to it! :cool: )

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

Kennedy
03-24-2003, 12:32
Brian,

I doubt that you are getting used to it so much as it is "seasoning" and the tone is taming down.

I haven't got a ton of experience with the loaders, but have one in the works for a customer, and have been anxiously awaiting delivery. I am not overly anxious to jump into stuff, but think that the issues that I have seen with my truck may be isolated and related to my particular truck, so I've been waiting to get another unit into the hands of an end user. This particular unit has been delayed for some time now, but should be delivered any day now.

I am hoping to dyno mine maybe even this week so I can report my findings to Steve. Sometime this summer, I should have my own dyno so I can get my testing time fit intop my schedule much easier, and do changes while still hooked up...

king D
03-24-2003, 18:24
hey dave do you feel like the extra rpms help any in the performance of the reflash over the juice.i ordered mine this morning hopeing that the extra rpms will add some more performance .what is your thought on this.jess

Kennedy
03-25-2003, 08:56
When the RPMs climb, the pre turbo back pressure hits 45psi while boost is approx 30 psi. The higher the rpm, the worse this ratio will get...

a64pilot
03-25-2003, 15:18
John,
This preturbo back pressure you speak of, is this Exhaust pressure?