PDA

View Full Version : Help with new truck order

Doc Robbs
07-12-2003, 07:27
I ordered my new truck last month 2500HD D/A CC LB GMC SLT. Now I find there is a 3500 (1 ton with SRW) weighs ~6-7 hundred lbs more but what else?

I really like DRW and had trouble deciding on 2500 vs. 3500 (see old posts) but really I am not doing anything that I need a dually for (2 horse BP and maybe in the future 4 horse GN w no LQ).

Local guys tell me the dually is trouble getting around in snow and mud (we have both sometimes) and since it is going to be my daily driver I went with the SRW.

Truck isn't picked up yet so can I and should I thing about changing. What will I gain by going to the 3500 SRW?

Can't seem to find much data on this. You guys have had better info than anyone else so I'm hoping somebody here knows.

Thanks
Doc Robbs

FisHn2DMax
07-12-2003, 12:52
Have you tried going over to GMbuypower.com and look around at the available configurations. I doubt the other sites like edmunds.com or Priceline.com have the 04 configurations loaded yet.

I would also recommend you sit down with your Stealer and see what they have avialable on the 3500 SRW, before it's too late.

GoodLuck

James S
07-12-2003, 13:03
Hey Doc Robbs,

I would leave your order as is, if I were you. This is just my oppinion, but you get slightly poorer fuel milage with the thirty-five hundreds, the single wheel thirty-five hundreds will probably have the same towing, and hauling ratings as the twenty-five hundred HD's. The dual wheelers, are a pain in the but to turn, I have found, and have a harsher ride. If this is going to be your dayly driver, leave your order as is. This is a GREAT truck and you will live it!! Good choice!!!
Are there any knew options for 2004?????? Please, leak us some info, buddy!!!!!! What tire size are you getting? Again, congrats, and enjoy your knew baby!

James