PDA

View Full Version : Question ?????

mackin
07-12-2003, 09:09
How does the Manifold Pressure effect boost ??? Or does it ??? Will it ?? I'm thinking it does ..... Denser would mean more boost .....

Would going Baro be more effective ??

Which would ,IYHO give the best dense reading atmospheric or absolute ?? Or would it depend on climate on given day along with elevation ?? I'm just thinking absolute with all the heat is skewing boost readings .....

I know there is a couple guys here know where I'm going ..... B*g Di**er ,J**n Ke***dy,C*m*c ..... Spill it ,where is your 3 pin wire going to ??? Don't be shy .....You welcomme to Email me off the page to spare the innocent .....

Have I answered my own questions ??

Who is sporting the Marble's enough to tell me what "no" 3 Pin hook up does ??? tongue.gif

Mac

:D :D :D

On edit => Me,myself and I ......

[ 07-12-2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

Joe.G
07-12-2003, 15:36
Mackin, I don't know if I can answer your question, but in dragracing barometric pressure and air temp (humidity also) are the biggest factors in making HP. With a turbo I see more boost when the air is dense and conditions are good for making HP, this means cool air, low humidity and high atmospheric pressure. I see at least 2 to 3 more lbs of boost, plus I can feel the truck hauling a__. We use weather tools and computers to figure our performance when racing, should work with the diesel truck too.

Lone Eagle
07-12-2003, 15:47
Mackin, Is this a trick question? They are both the same in my book. Gauge pressure + atmospheric = absolute. Or did I miss something? I can remember, on a rainy day when I ran carbs, how much better the power felt. Later! Lone Eagle

Joe.G
07-15-2003, 17:29
OK, I'll make it simple, it's 98 degrees here about everyday and I see about 25 psi at wot, when it's in the 60's or lower 70's and low hum. I see 27 to 28 psi and a noticeable performance improvement. Here, the lower temps are in winter, fall, or spring, there ain't much difference until you get to summer and then it's hot as hell.

Kennedy
07-15-2003, 19:17
Manifold pressure and turbo (boost) pressure are the same but different. :D

Manifold is TOTAL pressure which is boost plus atmosphere as Lone Eagle stated.

Boost as read by the gauge is a measure of pressure added to atmosphere.

From there Mac, I'm not quite sure where you are going. Thinking of reducing the perceived baro signal? Enhancing it? May work, may not. I have the means to reduce it, but haven't used it.

BTW, don't forget the MAF sensor...