PDA

View Full Version : CODE-- MAJOR FUEL LEAK

PEANUTGRWR
03-24-2003, 21:45
ONE OF OUR D/A'S THAT IS STOCK WITH NO MOD'S OTHER THAN 5 INCH EXHAUST HAS BEEN HAVING A DEFUELING PROBLEM OR LIMP PROBLEM WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE TO CALL IT. IT WAS TAKEN IN TO THE DEALER TODAY AND THE CODE THAT WAS SET WAS ---MAJOR FUEL LEAK. THIS PICKUP DOES THIS WHEN TOWING. ANY LITTLE RISE IN THE ROAD AND IT DEFUELS AND SETS THE CODE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT ON WHAT MIGHT BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM?
:confused:

PEANUTGRWR
03-25-2003, 14:43
NO ONE HAS ANY GUESS AS TO WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?

mackin
03-25-2003, 15:54
PEANUTGRWR

You want guess'es ?? Ok ......

What was the DTC number?? Was it P0087 indication of fuel rail pressure lost ?? Could just be a fuel filter .....

Ya got to give up the actual DTC Peanut my man.....There are so many conditions ......

Injector (s)

Pump

Sensor(s)

MAC

:eek:

[ 03-25-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

dmaxalliTech
03-25-2003, 20:07
I am with you mackin, we need some codes to go off.

PEANUTGRWR
03-25-2003, 21:40
MACKIN MY MAN WHY DO YOU INSIST ON MAKING THIS ANY HARDER THAN IT IS??????? ;) ILL GET THE CODE NUMBER AND REPORT BACK. ALL THE TECH SAID WAS THAT IT WAS A MAJOR FUEL LEAK CODE. BE BACK TO YA LATER

N.E. TMRPR
03-25-2003, 22:25
Peanutgrwr

My truck had the same code and it happened with the same conditions you mentioned. I also got another code of turbo over boost. The injectors were at fault. When the rail pressure increases the injectors would bleed the pressure and the fuel off back down the return lines to the tank. The dealer did all the tests and ended up replacing all eight injectors. I had 78,000 miles on my truck and no problems other than a tick that sounded like a loose rocker arm or a cracked exhaust manifold leak. The truck now runs better than it ever did and the tick is gone. I filled the truck up yesterday and put on 400 miles between yesterday and today. When I refilled it today it took 19 gallons. This truck has always got good mileage but I think it is even better now. Good luck and let us know. How many miles are on your truck. I have the highest mileage truck my dealer has sold and also I am the first they saw with this problem.

PEANUTGRWR
03-26-2003, 07:28
THANKS FOR THE INFO N.E. THE PICK-UP HAS 40K MILES ON IT. IT HAS NEVER GOTTEN GOOD MILAGE AT ALL. ESPECIALLY WHEN TOWING AS LITTLE AS 3500 LBS.

PEANUTGRWR
03-26-2003, 15:36
THE CODES THAT WERE SET WERE U1000 AND 0093. DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE TO ANY OF YOU?

mackin
03-26-2003, 16:23
P0093

Excessive fuel return to tank
An empty fuel tank =&gt; Peanut you ran out of fuel ......
Fuel Injection pump failure :eek:
Fuel pressure regulator failure

DTC U1000 and U1255

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for State of Health monitoring. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. When a module does not associate an identification number with at least one critical parameter within about five seconds of beginning serial data communication, DTC U1000 or U1255 is set. When more than one critical parameter does not have an identification number associated with it, the DTC will only be reported once.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
At least one critical operating parameter has not been associated with an identification number within about 5 seconds after beginning serial data communication.
====================================

Now do you know a whole lot more ??
Sounds like your pump and or FPRV took a dumper.....Did you get it fixed yet ??

DTC U1000 just sounds like a cummunication issue when the Fuel Pressure dropped.....

MAC

:D :D :D

N.E. TMRPR
03-26-2003, 20:56
The 0093 code was the same code my truck had. Tech was told by GM if truck resets on it's own that it was most likely injectors not pump but they will check all. Forgot to tell you guys that when they went to test drive truck at dealers the hood wasn't latched good and opened. I have a new hood with no road rash waiting at the dealers to be put on tommorrow.

PEANUTGRWR
03-26-2003, 22:21
THE PICKUP WAS PUT IN THE SHOP LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND IS HAVING THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR REPLACED. MAYBE THIS WILL FIX IT.

PEANUTGRWR
04-06-2003, 21:51
THE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR WAS REPLACED AND THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE :mad:

PEANUTGRWR
04-08-2003, 22:31
THE TECH IS LOOKING AT INSTALLING NEW INJECTORS NOW

N.E. TMRPR
04-09-2003, 19:57
Like your truck, they tried replacing the pressure regulator first but on the test drive it did the same thing. The tech then called tech service and they told him it was injectors. The tech that did my truck went through the testing on the passenger side bank and found three that were definite and the other was questionable. I don't beleive he even bothered to check the other bank. He ordered all eight and installed them. The testing process takes some time. My truck was the first they had done and it took them about six days. I hope it doesn't take them that long on yours. The tech felt that it wasn't worth having to take it all apart again if one or two injectors tested ok. You might want to stress that you can't afford the down time on your truck and try to get all eight replaced. My dealer knows that I drive my truck about 1,200 miles a week and need to have it on the road. If they do replace the set you won't beleive the performance you get back that you didn't know you were missing. Good luck, let us know.

PEANUTGRWR
04-09-2003, 21:19
HEY THANKS FOR THE INPUT. WEVE SUGGESTED EXACTLY WHAT YOU RECOMEND SO MAYBE WELL GET IT DONE RIGHT AND QUICK :D

PEANUTGRWR
04-10-2003, 21:40
JUST AS SUGGESTED EARLIER----THE INJECTORS SEEM TO BE OK AND THEY ARE REPLACING THE INJECTION PUMP. SOMEONE AT DMAX LMTD IS TELLING THE TECH THAT THIS IS REALLY COMMON WITH 01 AND 02'S. THIS MAYBE WHY MY TRUCK ONLY ACTS UP EVERY NOW AND THEN AND ONLY WHEN IT HAS A TRAILER ON IT

PEANUTGRWR
04-17-2003, 11:53
WE JUST GOT THE PICKUP BACK FROM THE DEALER. THE INJECTION PUMP WAS REPLACED AND FROM WHAT LITTLE TIME IT HAS BEEN DRIVEN THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CURED.

ChevysRus
04-17-2003, 23:48
OK Peanut Grower, I can't stand it any more and I have to ask..............

Did you remove all those items in your signature before taking it in to the dealer or does your dealer use Braille manuals because he is blind or do you know him so well he just blinks or winks at you???? LOL

Seriously, any issues with your mods on the injection pump replacement?

Had to ask given everyone else's issues with dealers and mods.

PEANUTGRWR
04-20-2003, 09:25
IF YOULL READ THE VERY OPENING OF THE TOPIC I STATED THAT THE PARTICULAR PICKUP THAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IS STOCK EXCEPT FOR THE 5 INCH EXHAUST. NOW MY PERSONAL PICKUP IS A DIFFERENT STORY. I HOPE THIS CLEARS IT UP FOR YOU

;)

ChevysRus
04-20-2003, 10:53
OK, thanks, just curious...I guess the 5 inch didn't cause any issues. That's good news.

Regards