PDA

View Full Version : ------Dyno Days------

Burner
03-24-2003, 23:07
I just got off the phone with the "Dyno Dude." He said that his problems have been resolved. I should be able to to Dyno the truck Wednesday or Thursday, he will be away Tuesday. What kind of numbers should I look for on a stock 03 truck? Can I run the JUICE on a stock truck without an intake, exhaust or guages? What about the Predator? What will hurt the truck? I only have 9,ooo miles on it. I wouldn't want to blow the motor. ;) tongue.gif

Give me the scoop

--> Burner <-- :D :D

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Burner ]</p>

TN farmer
03-24-2003, 23:19
Burner,

Do a search for "dyno 03 today" and "dyno 03 again today" by matt maxx. Those articles will help.

Are you going to the same guy as Dave tried going to or somewhere different?

If yall set up a time on a weekend to dyno the trucks I would like to meet up, just keep me posted.

Robert

How long did it take you to get to Memphis when you were hunting in AR?

Burner
03-24-2003, 23:44
I don't really know........ I cannot remember. I'd say about 3 hours. Shoot me an e-mail. And yes, the same Dyno.

Burner

MAD-MAX
03-25-2003, 14:25
I,m down here by GULF SHORES AL&gt; you guys have any pulls up there i can,t find any down here and the Drag strip is getting boring[bracket raceing-9.02 secs. at 1/8 mile]Thanks
Al :cool: :D :D

Burner
03-28-2003, 08:57
Max,

If you want to do a "loaded" dyno test .... come on up. If you want to do a pull .. hummm, we can tie you up to my WA-380. We can see how fast you can get 50,000 lbs rolling. Don't worry about stopping, I'll be in the 380 cab. :D

Burner :D

If possible I will do a Dyno run tonight.

a64pilot
03-28-2003, 09:07
Burner,
"What will hurt the truck?" IMHO EGT's in excess of 1300. 1300 is probably a very conservative number for short durations. 1500 or so for less than 5 sec would probably be safe. But if you don't monitor your EGT's how do you know where they are?

Burner
03-28-2003, 19:40

I thought that someone probably had a good Idea of exhust temps stock and thought they may chime in. :rolleyes:

--- I had a friend of mine that worked on the 135's and such here at the B'ham airport. He contracted some type of illness that would not let him digest food. Sounds odd, eh? Well, it was said that his was the first known in the last 20 years. They said it was an "Eastern" virus. He had been sick since 1991 but not super bad until the last year (2002) or so. Frank is dead, they have no cure. If he can get sick, in my opinion, from "suff" the plane flew in......... God Speed 64.

Burner -

a64pilot
03-31-2003, 08:29
Burner,
I have seen as high as 1184 I think it was stock. This was on a very long pull at about 3000 rpm full throttle and every thing stabilized. No increase or decrease in speed etc.
With the TST power max set at level 9 I can hit 1300 at the drop of a hat. I have set the fuel limiter at 1300 and she will spike to about 1350 before it starts to fall back. Lord knows how far it would go without it being checked.
I believe that the TST and hot juice are very similar in application, Both add enough fuel to cook your engine if not properly monitored.
One thing that I have been wondering? What do you think that our peak cylinder pressure is? I mean we are increasing our power output by at least 50% at the same RPM. The only way to do that is by increasing cyl. pressure isn't it? Wonder if the heads and gaskets will hold up to this for an extended period of time?

a64pilot
03-31-2003, 08:42
Burner,
BTW I just read the second part of your post. Sorry to hear that.
I'm down south of you at Ft.Rucker, close to Dothan. I'm now a contract test pilot for the Aviation Technical Test Center. Retired, hope I don't have to go play anymore. My boys, 1/3 avn. out of Savannah seem to be doing themselves proud.
Where are you going to the Dyno at? I would like to Dyno the Power max if it is close enough. SOTP there is a huge power increase, but I would like to see independate verification of their Dyno charts.

Burner
03-31-2003, 09:15
The Dyno is 40 miles west of Birmingham or the I-59/I-65 junction. David and I will be there this week. If you would like to go, send me an e-mail. :D

-------"One thing that I have been wondering? What do you think that our peak cylinder pressure is? I mean we are increasing our power output by at least 50% at the same RPM. The only way to do that is by increasing cyl. pressure isn't it? Wonder if the heads and gaskets will hold up to this for an extended period of time?"------

I do not know? I will ask how high the pressure can get before an explosion or blowout occurs. Perhaps a fuel = pressure chart. The gaskets are probably good for the pressure but not with heat and pressure. There will be some bolts in high tension.

I use AOL for e-mail. To contact just put Twomuchplay in the mix. ;)

Burner --------&gt; :D

Allison Jettester
04-01-2003, 09:15
Hey A64, say Hi to Kim (Norm) and Lynn H for me.

Bullet

PS: I'll bet she can out drink you.

Burner
04-03-2003, 00:50

I have not had time to check on the pressure. However, I was hunting fairly close to Ft.Rucker a while back and had seen something that I thought was "not on the books" anymore. At first I thought it was the T-38 (or is 36?) flying low but as it flew very close it appeared to be a Tigershark. I forget the code but it was jet black moving @ 400 + knots with almost no sound! Well, for jet at that hight and speed it was quiet. I would say that it was "below deck" at the least, probably about 100 to 150 meters. From my treestand I could see the pilot, he was white and wearing a white blank helmet. He may have come from Montgomery.......

:mad: The Dyno was crap today. David and I posted some similar numbers stock to stock. However, the kid still has some issues with the Dyno. Our numbers were close but way down in both Hp & Tq. :mad: I have almost had my fill with this Dyno. Because of my nature, I may toodle off down there one Sunday and "rebuild" the dag-gum thing myself. I just cannot stand to see something not work right. I will, however, try a Dynojet within the next 72 hours. I don't know if this guy can really run a turbo diesel but I'll give it a shot. ;) I'm in the hunt for another dyno within a 70 mile area. As soon as I find another one... I'll be there!

Rich

Rebel_Horseman
04-04-2003, 16:50
There is a company located here in Baton Rouge that is having a dyno day on May 17th. It's supposed to start at 7:30 and go all day at their New Orleans office. The website is www.dynoday.com

Reb [&gt;&lt;]

sdaver
04-04-2003, 20:49
ditto........burner

Burner
04-04-2003, 23:10
ok, I just got off the Dynojet. The numbers are freak'n up and down but I think I can decifer. All the info is on this CD. I will report back as soon as possible. ;)

Burner---&gt; :D :D