PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to Thank ......

mackin
07-12-2003, 21:37
Edge products for my power ,Predator for my speed limiter, and GM for an awesome truck.......

Sit back, and enjoy ....... Great "confirmed" Kill ........

Felt the need to flush tranny today, long over do, been a little hard on her to say the least ......Doing the severe duty maintenance ... Went back to Tranysnd from Mobil 1, as it is the Allison preferred juice .......

Changed engine oil ta boot ....Tranny flush went off without a hitch, I'll tell you I have mastered it .....

Setting the stage ......

Work is completed I must road test to get tranny HOT ......

What will follow is no Broker, BS .......

Quarter mile from my house is my test track area ..... No cops, hilly and power demanding ... AKA limp and or zing area .....

I'm rolling along I hit first grade, I'm up the azz off a 5.0 Pony car ..... I blow by on the right ......

What is in my sight ???? A ford truck ......

Yessirrebob I'm in pursuit ...... Yes, he is in the throttle he sees me coming (confirmed read on) I roll up in the left lane climbing grade (greater then last) were side by side at 90 , that is correct ......

Yes, sir it is a brand spanking new six liter ...... Oh ya time to dance ...... We are climbing, this is not flat land ..... I'm in Juice 90 only ..... I'm passing I bump up to 125 via T/H I ran buy him like he was standing still ....... It was sweet as can be ...... I got wood ...... Never touched my 5th "ACE" ..... I ran it straight to speed limiter (110 ) Never looking back ...... I ran up to my turn around spot, started heading back ...... I see the Pony car, next up the Ford I give him a big thumbs down, as I'm heading at this point in the opposite direction ......

Now I've seen a few 6 liters, but never had the opportunity to run one till tonight ..... Unlike HOOT, I dusted him. Heavy ......

I'm back home at this point, now checking fluids preparing top off's ....... I'm under the hood and I hear a Diesel idling ..... I peek around the fender and, low and behold it's that Hunter green F 350 shorty I just blasted ...... Rut row ........

Turns out, the driver from NY, and passenger, local, were heading to a friends house up the street and spotted my MAX on the way by, so they stopped ...... (Sorry Bill this is why I didn't answer your call)

Couple real nice guys, didn't help the driver the local, passenger, is a real big GM guy ...... Over an hour conversation resulted in the couldn't believe how my truck just took off like a bat out of hell "and smoked them"...... They just had to confirm it wasn't stock,as they noticed ......

Showed them how conservative I was behaving, as I only was using Edge Hot Juice and never touched my reserve, I'll swear to it ......
Won't get into details, lets just say eyebrows were at full mass...... Need less to say they were very impressed ....... As I am always with this MAX of mine .....

They also confirmed the Pony car blasted by them, assuming he was gunning for me ........ I informed them, I seen him also heading in the opposite direction, they laughed ......

Couple real nice guys,glad they stopped .......

Took my first peak under a 6 liter hood,OMG it is tight,as reported ......

What an evening,no complaints and a whole lot of enjoyment ........
Man I luv this ride of mine ..........

Mac

:D :D :D

sdaver
07-13-2003, 12:30
:D :D :D :D similar situation with a 02 1500 5.3 whipple supercharged rolled on at 20 mph 2.5 lengths in a 1/8 mile steady pulling away...needless to say 4900lbs vs 7400lbs diesel he was shocked.......7 lbs of boost vs 30 lbs :D

biglouieky
07-13-2003, 15:28
I'm still trying to pass my first mini-van! It must be that soccer ball sticker on rear window of those tire-shredding mini vans?

Oongawah
07-13-2003, 23:13
SDaver, sounds like one I wanna hear.

Mackin, oh Mackin, I still haven't gotten over the one where you smoked the Nova with his window down and you were plumbing your exhaust to his passenger via the driver. I did that to a gang banger not long ago. I can't believe he backed off. Yet it was the S-10 on the right I was checkin'. HISTORY!

thechevyhdman
07-13-2003, 23:21
Looks like we were all getting in trouble on saturday night. Met up with some friends in Pougkeepsie Ny, Friend of a friends got a Pontiac GTP. SOB man trucks cold Juice aint kicking in got smoked. After the 6th stop light (Rt 9 has like 35 1/4 mile stop lights) Trucks warmed up, 8lbs of boost got him good off the line, once we got upto 80 mph he catched up and proceeded to pass me after 97 mph. I need Hot Juice and a Predator.....did kinda pee the kid off when I asked him how it felt to get his arse handed to him by a 3 1/2 ton truck. Hes cool, Diehard GM fan....last time we raced it was with his 2.2 litre S-10 so its a bit more fair the 2nd time around Bill