PDA

View Full Version : Buying Diesel in Montana ?

mbmax
07-14-2003, 12:11
We're heading to Montana this summer, specifically the Bitterroot valley and Glacier Park. Since we are far from home (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) we don't want problems with bad fuel. Any recommendations you could give as to places to get diesel would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could give an idea as to cost that would help us plan our trip finances a little better.

Max Power
07-14-2003, 13:48
I can't help you much with that. Just saying Hi to a fellow Pegger. Well, technically speaking I'm an hour drive from Winnipeg. :cool: Have a good trip!

Heartbeat Hauler
07-14-2003, 13:55
A good rule of thumb is to use truck stops. While this is no guarantee, truck stops usually go through their fuel supply regularly, which gives less time for fuel to accumulate water. Also, if you are a Good Sam member they may be able to give you some pointers. Try their web site:

http://www.goodsamclub.com/non1.cfm

Enjoy the USA in your Chevrolet...
JP

LanceW
07-14-2003, 15:04
www.flyingj.com (http://www.flyingj.com) has a list of 5 or 6 stations in MT, with diesel prices ranging from 153.9 to 157.9 per gallon.

Tough Guy
07-14-2003, 20:28
I have purchased Diesel at nearly every station in the Bitterroot Valley and have never had bad fuel per say however I would reccommend Lone Pine as the best Diesel around these here parts, their cetane levels are typically higher than other stations. I buy 50-60 gallons there a week, and have been satisfied. They are located 1 mile South of Hamilton on US 93.

Prices are around $1.54 US

Good luck.

mbmax
07-15-2003, 07:11
Thanks for all your prompt replies.
Max Power, where exactly are you located? We often camp outside of the city and maybe we've seen you.
Heartbeat Hauler, we don't belong to the Good Sam Club. But thanks for the tip.
Lance W., I'd never heard of the Flying J so we'll keep an eye out for them.
Tough Guy, thanks for the specific tip about Lone Pine. We'll definitely check them out.