PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Gold has "Diesel Page" discount

6X
12-21-2002, 09:45
I just purchased the New Diamond 5yr, 150,000 mi warranty from warranty gold. I asked for a 7 year 150,000 plan but they said they didn't have yhe 7 years with 150,000 option. They were sticking to their price of $2029, until I mentioned that I had friends on the Diesel Page who got a better price. They said they were aware of the Diesel Page and had a speical price (real or not) for Diesel Page people. They even had a special person who deals with Diesel Page people. Steve was his name.

I told them that I did my own fluids and filter maintainance. They said that was okay as long as I kept a log and receipts for the work I did.

I just thought that some of you might like to know that it helped me to a better deal by mentioning the Diesel Page.

Hillbilly
12-21-2002, 09:57
I talked to Steve a few days before I bought my DMAX and they did quote a lower price. Said that they had sold a lot of policys to Diesel Page members. I have not bought in yet.

Has anyone on the forum actually used them? Are you satisfied with the service?

JEBar
12-21-2002, 10:46
still have 6,000 on my factory (36,000 mile) warranty so I haven't had to use any coverage from Warranty Gold ... prior to buying I talked to the service manager at our local dealership and he said his experience with Warrany Gold has been positive ... Jim

DrL30047
12-21-2002, 12:57
I bought a 7 Year/100,000 Mile Extended Warranty from Warrantybynet for my '01 D/A. It was their Premium Plan (top-of the-line Exclusionary Policy) with a $50.00 deductible. It cost $1189.00, and they offered an 8 monthly payments plan with no interest.

Plan is 7 years from when you take it out, or 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever comes first. I don't drive much so I wanted the 7 yeear coverage.

Gobbler
12-22-2002, 07:14
Have not purchased extended plan yet for truck (still under factory warranty) but I do have the Warranty Gold Diamond plan ($0 deductible) on wife's car. Two weeks ago, 3,000 miles after factory warranty expiration, car developed a water leak that turned out to be a faulty gasket underneath the motor. Required extensive labor to repair. Dealer accepted Warranty Gold and the $548 bill cost me $0. It even rented a car for me while repairs were made. I like it!

hdmax(mike)
12-22-2002, 11:28
Extended warranties are a huge waste of our hard erned money. Very seldem do you get your mones worth from them. But I am not here to tell you how to spend you own money. So DO AS YOU WISH WITH YOUR MONEY! Just becareful

More Power
12-22-2002, 12:07
Extended warranties has been a topic I've been wanting to learn more about for quite some time. In doing a little research for a future TDP article, I contacted several of the leading extended auto warranty companies..... Maybe opening a dialog helps....

MP

letsgo
12-22-2002, 14:00
I'm a believer in extended warrenties. I bought on the premise that the cost of 1 electronic controller would pay for the warrenty well $8000 latter, one new long block ($4000), air, ABS, water pump, rad, ect. still have the car 180,000 miles latter.

Bought GM extended warrenty for the Duramax.

good luck

buelldude
12-23-2002, 06:15
so what was the price of the package(from WG) for the duramax and how does it compare to the factory coverage? Who has a list of stuff that is covered; or not covered.