PDA

View Full Version : BENT DRIVE LINE

PEANUTGRWR
03-29-2003, 00:35
I HAVE A BUD THAT JUST GOT A HOT JUICE FOR HIS DUALLY CREW CAB 4X4. HE GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY WITH THE POWER STALLS AND BENT THE DRIVE LINE. HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING. HE RAN IT LONG ENOGH THAT THE VIBERATION BROKE THE TRANNY HOUSING. LMAO THIS TOPS MY BENT TIEROD STORY. tongue.gif :D

sdaver
03-29-2003, 06:24
Man thats a bummer..........definitely got you beat :D dave

hoot
03-29-2003, 07:20
I noticed at the sled pulling events, vibration and wheel hop are a no-no. The forces those oscillations create will literally tear a truck apart.

The dude must have money.

Oongawah
03-29-2003, 11:41
Yeah, I talked to a guy one time that twisted his driveshaft off. He has an 01' 3500 with no mods. The shaft the dealer installed was an 02' design. He said there was a known issue with the 01's. He twisted while taking off real hard with his 5vr.

DMAXED
03-29-2003, 21:34
I have a driveline vibration when towing 60 mph being the worst speed the dealer told me everything looks fine and said there is nothing they can do with out feeling the vibration .looks like I am going to have to tow the trailer down to the dealer so they can feel the vibration . at first they looked at the tires but they were ok and it does not happen with nothing in tow .

PEANUTGRWR
03-30-2003, 09:31
MY BUD'S PICKUP VIBERATED FROM ABOUT 80-84MPH AND THAT WAS ALL THAT WAS NOTICABLE. IT ACTUALLY WASNT WHAT I WOULD CALL BENT IT IS MORE WHAT I WOULD SAY AS "TWISTED" THE YOKES ON EACH END ARENT IN LINE WITH EACH OTHER. THE TRANNY HOUSING CRACKED RIGHT IN FRONT OF WHERE THE TRANSFER CASE BOLTS TO IT.