PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Hypertech Programmer!!!!

cbrock
07-16-2003, 00:29
I just purchased and picked up today the Hypertech Power Programmer for my Duramax. I already have the Duramaximizer and was hesitant at first to do it, but from what I have been reading, the two work totally differently and should not be harmful together. WOW...! What a difference I felt. Even with the 'maximizer' at 1/2 turn, it pulls so damn hard. I also have the Banks Wastegate actuator and that turbo spools up so quick...it just launches out of the light now and is starting to break my 35' tires loose. this is great. I can definitely see the EGT's at a higher rate and getting there quickly. I will be towing this weekend,only about 3k lbs though, and I will drop the program setting to the 50hp setting and check it out. What temp would be considered too high for too long? So far, I have never gone over 930*F with the duramaximizer, but i have a feeling I will easily surpass that number with the two combined. I drove all night and no Engine light so that is good. Just wanted to share my excitement. Probably not news to anyone here. You guys have quick trucks. Thanks for letting me share.

sdaver
07-16-2003, 06:39
Sounds like a good stack.......My friend has an 03 with the hypertech and it seems to be comparable to the juice 60 horse tune........with the duramaximizer should pick it a good bit.........I would like to see some gtech or dyno numbers with the stack :D dave

DMAX Daddy
07-16-2003, 09:50
Cbrock,

How much was the Banks Wastegate and how long to install?

If you dont want to spill the beans here toss me an email at randysmith@hotmail.com

Thanks!

ndamico
07-16-2003, 10:00
i think the actuator is about 160$ and it takes me less than an hour to install which counts moving my air compressor (need it for install) and fine-tuning the actuator to desired boost level.

RWTD
07-17-2003, 11:52
Originally posted by sdaver:
I would like to see some gtech or dyno numbers with the stackSpeaking of G-Tech, has everyone seen this on eBay? $59.95 brand new. I had to pick me one up! Had for about 2 weeks now. smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46100&item=2423982634

Professor
07-17-2003, 13:57
Better Yet, have you seen the G-Tech Pro Comp models with the ability to download the runs and graph them on the pc? This is the reason the older models are dropping in price so fast. The newer ones are supposed to be more accurate as well.

cbrock
07-22-2003, 11:52
The Wastegate Actuator from Banks was $195 + california state tax and ground shipping. I had somebody install it for me since I really didn't have time to do it myself.
I just towed this weekend with the Hypertech on the 90HP program and I had no problems whatsoever. My Check engine light never came on. I was only towing about 3500lbs, but I was going about 75-80 most of the time and it was up and down. My trip was 238 miles one way. I got 13.7 mpg going there and 15.2 mph coming home and that including a steep pass through Camarillo that is atleast an 8% grade. I did 70mph up it with overdrive off and my foot about halfway in the peddle. My EGT's never got over 850*F at anytime. I'm sure with a heavier load they would be higher, but I was surprised how low they were.

I am going to be getting the truck dyno tested hopefully in the next two weeks when i have a chance to take it in. I am very curious to see what the numbers will be. The power is incredible with the Maximizer dial all the way up and the Hypertech set at 90HP. I had a camaro behind me the other night. 96-97 Z28 Automatic with Exhaust. We both stuffed the gas at the green light and when it was clear for him, he went to the right of me and tried to pass, but never once got past my rear bumper. We were dead even. We slowed down back to around 50-55mph and both punched it again going that speed and we were both dead even til we let off at around 80-85mph. We repeated that two more times. I was amazed. Anyways, I just wanted to share my excitement with you all again. I will post dyno numbers when I get them. Thanks.....

DMAX Daddy
07-22-2003, 13:26
Camarillo? he he drove right by me.

Thanks for the info, I'm still debating the wastegate.

And yes, the Conejo Grade is about 8%.

Conejo Grade - The current alignment was built in 1950s as an expressway and is still too steep and winding to be up to the Interstate standards for grade and curvature. This had replaced a section that had been built in 1930, much of which is still intact.

ratlover
07-22-2003, 14:55
James Thanks for the link.....I got one inbound :cool: