PDA

View Full Version : Removing The Juice for service

Maxter
12-22-2002, 17:06
Are you guys removing your Juice Box before you have your trucks serviced by the dealer?

I having my NSBU replaced tuesday and didn't know what to do since the reparation is not really "engine related".

I'm stuck in third speed 95% of the time. It's good in town but bad for highway... It's suprisingly easy to start from third.

Thanks for the info.

sdaver
12-22-2002, 17:17
absolutely remove it..........dave :D

RVGuy
12-22-2002, 17:52
Do not leave the Juice all connected and then take it into the stealer!!!!!!!

He will certainly make a note on your file that will stay there for the duration of your ownership.

Should you incur an engine or drivetrain problem later, you can bet he'll not cover it under warranty.

[ 12-22-2002: Message edited by: RVGuy ]</p>

mackin
12-22-2002, 18:25
They'll find a reason not to warranty a broken antenna,to much "WHIP" all at once.....Avoid the Grief , take it off !!!!!!!!

MAC :D :D :D

snuffy smith
12-23-2002, 08:45
Repeat: "You are your own warranty station". If it is a tranny or engine problem, due to the extra power, them you should be honest enough to admit you were the cause of the breakage. It is a shame that the Stealers would not warranty non-powertrain components because of a fueling box. If they deny non-powertrain component warranties then take them to small claims court.
Honesty is the key here. Too many people break things with power enhancements, then take the enhancements off, before taking them in for warranty work. This is just plain dishonest and theft.

sdaver
12-23-2002, 09:10
one in every crowd.....like i said take it off :( DAVE

hoot
12-23-2002, 10:08
I took the honest road. Left the propane system on and fully intact.

They had no problem fixing GM "known" issues that stock trucks have. They never questioned me about the propane.

[ 12-23-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

Tractorhauler
12-23-2002, 11:15
Maxter,

I guess that I am kinda naive(sp) but I have left my juice on and just recently had 3 warranty issues covered by my dealer. One of the warranty issues concerned a check engine light and it turned out to be some sort of cam update issue that GM had issued a bulletin about.
Maybe with engine/tranny problems they would react very differently.

Mark

RVGuy
12-23-2002, 11:47
I believe that honesty is the best policy. But so should the stealers.

By leaving a power enhancement module on the truck, you are basically saying from that moment forward: Any problem that arises with the engine or power train is the direct result of the power module and should not be covered under the warranty. Because that's exactly what the stealer is going to say.

So, as long as the stealers are going to take that position, I don't have a problem with taking the module off when I have the truck serviced.

So it isn't a matter of honesty at all, in my opinion. Its who is going to get screwed or not screwed...and I don't think it should be me "just because I have a module on the engine."

PERIOD!

mackin
12-23-2002, 16:03
Jim

I'm with you .....I will fully take responsibility for my actions.....I know all to well the finger pointing that will proceed if some were to show with a box on there vehicle, so why bother......Look at the attitude of some dealers in reference to tire size..Some will say you have gauges there fore you have a mod.......Some have had a problem with exhaust mods.....Do I believe it, sure I do....I only wish the dealers were honest too....When in doubt, take it out !!!!!! You break it, you should take the hit !!!!!

MAC

GMC-2002-Dmax
12-23-2002, 16:34
Hey,

Out of Sight, out of mind. How many people have been ROYALLY SCREWED BY DEALERS over the years :confused: .

If I have a box or exhaust or aftermarket rims and tires so what, but.........like some say it's up to the dealership. If they are gonna screw ya they are gonna screw ya.

MY ADVISE - WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT YOU!!!!!

GMC ;)

New sig : Left out to do my small part to conserve 1 kilobyte of space on the server. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Maxter
12-24-2002, 10:04
I removed it to take no chance. The service guys at my dealership look like they wouldn't mind and the parts guy told me: "You know you can put a box in there to add HP and torque?", I said oh yes, that looks interesting!

So I guess it's up to everybody to be honnest and act accordingly. To date, it doesn't seem like there's any Juice related problems so rovoming the box is just preventing somebody else to possibly be dishonnest to you.

Thanks everyone

letsgo
12-24-2002, 12:19
When in canada do as Canadians do, take it off.

An electrode broke off a none GM spark plug that I had changed, bent the conn. rod.

GM said It wasn't their problem no warrenty, Champion said it wasn't their problem no help.

I went 4 weeks without car because I used a none GM part, GM eventually paid up but the hassel isnt worth the trouble.

take it off.

Maxter
12-24-2002, 15:18
letsgo:

You should have put on your Free T-shirt to visit the dealer!

I've put the juice back on and my truck thanked me for it, he said "Yeah, I'm thirsty for more juice" but my wallet answered "Keep your mouth shut and keep on rolling" I said nothing!

BTW my wallet and truck speaks french but I translated it for you.

Happy Hollidays.