PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Marketing Idea Vs. PSD

Husker Fan
12-22-2002, 17:47
I finally saw the ad where the new Ford Powerstroke out accelerates a Chevy with the Duramax in a drag race with a couple of guys looking on. May I humbly submit a counter advertising idea to GM to market the Duramax:

Have the two trucks on the same race track, with the Duramax accelerating off without a hitch. Show the Ford stopped at the starting line, with a police officer writing him a ticket (with the police car and lights in the back ground).

Written on the side of each trailer is

esmo77
12-22-2002, 18:06
Good idea; GM needs to get a little more abrasive if furd and dudge want to play that way. Will post some of my comm. ideas later.

mackin
12-22-2002, 18:16
It doesn't matter......Like to know who was present at this marketing POW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

=>http://www.detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0212/18/c01-38871.htm

MAC :D :D :D

NWDmax
12-22-2002, 18:31
Pillow biter performance by Ford.
Do you think that would attract some "gay buyers"
That kind of thing makes me sick.
Blake

Rebel_Horseman
12-23-2002, 08:49
I have to say this. Ford does have some sweet commercials and GM has slacked off in recent years (the old commercials of the odl budy style Chevy's playing in the mud, rescuing stranded people, etc. were just awesome). Chevy's newest commercial has got to be the best. The one I'm talking about is with the dad teaching the young kid how to rope and win then to the rode with the kid winning the buckle while dad watches on. Finally the voice over about what are you teaching your kids? Being a rodeo supporter and competitor I think that commercial is just short of perfect. I rodeo, my girlfriend rodeos and our kids will rodeo in the fof chance we ever have any. Glad Chevy is marketing to my segment. Too bad GMC lost sponsoring AQHA to Ford.

Reb [><]

sdaver
12-23-2002, 09:15
HEY MAC.... IT ADDS A NEW MEANING TO POWERstroke