PDA

View Full Version : air leak and steering rattle fix

DURA-MAX3
07-16-2003, 17:08
Had my 2001 GMC dura/ally in for the leaking air in the passenger side floor thing that some have reported. All they had to do to fix it was let the glove box all the way down and remove the cowl under the windshield to access the outer part. seems to be fixed, it is a new way to prevent from taking dash apart. Also had the steering rattle fixed, they took it apart a greased it and it seems to be working. Really tightened it up, but i know many have reported on here that it doesn't last long... Just thought someone might want to know...

Max Power
07-16-2003, 17:30
I had an 01 that had the steering rattle. My dealership changed a bearing in the steering column and said that is how they fixed all of them. I had about 20k on it when it started to rattle and put another 40k on it with no problems. I can likely found out which bearing if anyone would like to know.

motovet
07-17-2003, 11:08
I, like many others had the bearing fix at 10K. Worked up until a week ago(26K). Now I am getting some "new" grease for the assembly that I was told has fixed all before me that had the rattle return after the new bearing. We will see.

[ 07-17-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: motovet ]