PDA

View Full Version : duramax pulling ford and dodge

gilbertmonchat
09-29-2005, 16:33
hello
i try to find a video of DURAMAX pulling a ford and after a dodge all with full power ON

More Power
09-29-2005, 16:53
Chevrolet's marketing team produced a video like what you described back in 2001. The fellow speaking on the video was an acquaintance of mine, the late Tom Keefe. For a time it was available on their web site, but was eventually pulled. Since then, I don't know of a site that has received permission from Chevrolet to host or redistribute it.

Jim

gilbertmonchat
09-29-2005, 17:08
the video i saw before was a small video of DURAMAX and a FORD back to back pulling with full power, and the duramax win

DmaxMaverick
09-29-2005, 18:11
I remember that video. It was titled "TugOWar". I may have it in my archives. If I find it, I'll let you know and can email it to you.

Found it. It is tugowar.mov. Red Duramax dually. It's 4 MB and 41 seconds long.

Jim Brzozowski
10-03-2005, 08:35
I personally know some guys who on a saturday night with little to do would get together a bet and with people looking on would chain the backs of their trucks together and after tightening the chain in 4wheel drive on pavement would be flagged off and pull to see who could drag the other at least one truck length. After a few trooper investigations about the rubber marks on the highway it sort of lost its appeal. Haven't heard of any lately. Boys will be boys in small town USA.

Driveshaft
10-09-2005, 15:05
ESPECIALLY, IN THE SOUTH. I HAVE PARTICIPATED IN ONE OF THESE STUNTS, ALSO.

Tough Guy
10-17-2005, 15:29
How did you do with the 2wd?

Chris

Driveshaft
10-24-2005, 03:54
TO CLARIFY, I HAVE DONE THIS STUNT IN THE VERY DISTANT PAST. I HAVE NOT DONE SO WITH THE DURAMAX. SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION. BUT WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER, IT WAS WITH A CHEVY AND I DID WIN, THE PICKUP WAS ABOUT 600 LBS HEAVIER THAN THE COMPARABLE FORD AND BOTH WERE 2WD BACK THEN (MID 70'S)

gilbertmonchat
10-27-2005, 18:33
i find this :http://gm-diesel.com/diesel/photos/tugowar.mov

SLT556
10-30-2005, 17:43
Seems like the Chevy was in 4wd, and the Ford was in 2.

WNFD
10-31-2005, 13:09
I know the video does look pretty fake. Although it does look like the dodges low end torque came on quick as you could see the dodge pull first. On the other hand its pretty cool to see the ford smoke the tires.
I always thought that if you were doing a pull off there is a certain way to hitch the two trucks up so one would have the advantage? The gm also looks like it has some weight in it! Every duramax i see from the factory is nose heavy, while the one in the video is the other way!!