PDA

View Full Version : Wasted a SCT tuned 6.0 powerjoke

bobo
09-30-2005, 11:58
My buddy has an 05 CC 4x4 6.0 that we put a full turbo back MBRP exhaust on today. Then we took it out for a spin. I took my truck so I could listen to his exhaust. It sounded awesome. It is one of the best sounding trucks I have heard, but it is slow. He had his middle street-performance tune loaded from his SCT tuner. I killed him bad w/ my edge on level 3. I could have walked him on level 2, but he quit trying! We raced half a dozen times. I even let him start first and by the time we hit 60, I was passing him hard!! I tried to get him to load his "race" tune, but he don't have a pyro yet...he said NO! I guess i need to install his pyro and put another beating on him!! The Duramax ROCKS! smile.gif

Kennedy
09-30-2005, 14:01
SCT :rolleyes: But it's CUSTOM... ;)

heartbeatcanada
10-01-2005, 14:42
What hp did he get in his 3 tunes???? I doubt you'll stand a chance with the extreme tune in the 6.0. I have a 05 excursion 6.0 and i would put pinks on the line against another dmax with an edge, or stock to stock. Don't get me wrong, i love the/my dmax, but the 6.0 has some serious kahoons.

rjschoolcraft
10-01-2005, 20:57
Probably won't get too many takers on the pinkslip for the Extrusion...

bobo
10-02-2005, 06:14
He has a tow tune, a street/performance tune and a full blown TC lockup in first gear race tune. He raced me w/ his middle tune....he shoud be able to keep up w/ an edge on level 3! His truck is a 2005 and SCT hasn't been able to get the power out of those like they did on the 03-04's.

Kennedy
10-03-2005, 04:58
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
What hp did he get in his 3 tunes???? I doubt you'll stand a chance with the extreme tune in the 6.0. I have a 05 excursion 6.0 and i would put pinks on the line against another dmax with an edge, or stock to stock. Don't get me wrong, i love the/my dmax, but the 6.0 has some serious kahoons. Hey Jeremy, where ya been hiding???

heartbeatcanada
10-04-2005, 16:44
Originally posted by kennedy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
What hp did he get in his 3 tunes???? I doubt you'll stand a chance with the extreme tune in the 6.0. I have a 05 excursion 6.0 and i would put pinks on the line against another dmax with an edge, or stock to stock. Don't get me wrong, i love the/my dmax, but the 6.0 has some serious kahoons. Hey Jeremy, where ya been hiding??? </font>[/QUOTE]I've been around, just absorbing info for next year. Got the tow vehicle and trailer all ready..........now its time to get the truck stripped and go over it top to bottom, and of coarse get a block on the engine stand and start building.

Seriously though, the sct wil rock the 6.0, don't ask me how i know ;) ............"i swear dear, the truck must be breaking in, its got more power now" :D :D :D

king D
10-09-2005, 03:01
jeremy hope that sct extreme didnt lead you astray...

heartbeatcanada
10-09-2005, 03:18
Jess, thanks for the advice, right on as normal. That "ex" rocks now, the way it should come from the factory :D The trans shifts are flawless, not one complaint, other than its not as fast as my truck :D :D