PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Predator dyno #'s?

orange2
03-30-2003, 18:16
James it has been awhile since the predators have been out I would think that some #'s should have been posted by now. Makes me think that they aren't what they should be. I see you have been quite busy over on the ford site, good for you. I still haven't got to race my buds Powerstroke, he seems to have disappeared once I told him I chipped my truck too. See you got a new cobra, they are a sweet lookng car but they are still a ford. I just bought a used 97 ws6 T/A, so my truck is getting abused alot less now.

mtomac
03-30-2003, 18:45
from the RWTD website
40 rwhp / 110 rwtq (Tow tune)
60 rwhp / 145 rwtq (Economy Performance tune)
85 rwhp / 190 rwtq (High Performance tune)

no wonder the 90 hp juice seems faster it has 60 more FT# of torque

Burner
03-30-2003, 20:29
OrangeTwo,

Just wait a few more days. David will most likely have "real" data on the predator. If I can make it, we'll have data "without" intake or exhaust.

Burner --- ;) :D

sdaver
03-31-2003, 20:14
our dyno results were $hit.........the rollers were installed backwards gonna re dyno soon.........have seen some mustang dyno sheets from a trusted friend and the predators were not even close to the juice on either the 85 or the hotter new version..........they have definitely got some catching up to do...........but on the other hand what you got is definitely better than stock and you get a higher speed limiter and and a nice scan tool............the potential is there......they(diablosport)have got to do there homework like edge and tts. :D dave

orange2
03-31-2003, 20:41
That is what I thought I would hear. Oh well, it does run alot better than before but I like to get what i paid for. I will just have to get the car or bike out when i want to actually go fast. At least it smokes now. I will also say if the temp gauge isn't around 200 it runs like a stocker, she has got to be fully warmed up before it runs very well at all. I really feel that i should have bought the tst but it is too late now, i spent all my extra money for the year already. :rolleyes:

Kennedy
04-01-2003, 11:12
There are several special tunes for the Predator in the works. These should help out a great deal. The key is patience. They need to be tested thoroughly before implementation.

RWTD
04-01-2003, 22:19
Troy,

Long time no hear, bud. We have several tunes ready and we will be trying these out with Dave first. I've been testing them now for the last 2 weeks, and I've been extremely happy with what they are doing. Hopefully tomorrow we can get him the tunes in time, as he has to send me some saved data from his unit, first, which requires him installing back his original pcm, though, but only temp.

As previously posted earlier today:

The issues with the defueling and the delay on the shifts has been solved. Those who have a Predator, whether you have purchased through me or not, if you would like to try a different tune, please let me know, and we can do the tune swapping via email. Because of time restraints (there is multiple events that most of the DiabloSport employees will be attending), there will be a temporary delay on the file swapping, though. Please email me for further information.

The speedo calibration should be ready forthcoming, as the engineers are hard at work on it now. When it is available, I will address this with my customers in the form of a unit swap, or you will be able to send it in to DiabloSport for an upgrade.

Keep in touch Troy!

Sincerely...

[ 04-02-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

orange2
04-01-2003, 23:30
My 6 speed does defuel at the top of 5th and 6th, it only does it if you go through the gears hard, if you roll in to 5th it doesn't seem to do it. I don't really need or want more power, I just want to know if i actually have 85 extra hp like I payed for.

schnier
04-02-2003, 09:39
Good to hear the speedometer calibration is ready to go. I have sent mine back to get the updates on the defueling and speedo updates. A unit swap would be fine with me. If you send them in for an update, talk to James first, as you have to clear out some data before returning it. At present it is stock and I can notice a big differance, like running naked or mellow. Boy do I miss it!!