PDA

View Full Version : acceleration question?

Dmaxin
12-23-2002, 17:10
Qucik question? Does your truck burn the tires if you mash the go peddal from a dead stop? Not power braking just mashing the gas. And I'm not talking to you Juicers out there :D ,just bone stock.Thanks

GMCTRUCK
12-23-2002, 17:36
My buddy liked my truck so much he just bought a 2003 GMC K2500 4x4 EC, SB, Dura/Ally SLT. Bone stock with 2500 miles his will not spin if you stomp it from a dead stop. To ask another question, his truck will not do a powerbrake tire burner. He'll boost it up and as soon as the tires start to break loose it seems to upshift and defuel before they really get spinning. Tow/haul makes no difference. Is this normal?

IndigoDually
12-23-2002, 18:01
Just mashing the pedal will not smoke the tires. The truck is designed to move a lot of weight. The computer will not add full fuel and power until You get the load moving. Imagine mashing the pedal with 15,000 lbs hitched up and breaking a lot of parts. You can't go fast sitting in place and spinning the tires. In the rain I have experienced more wheelspin in second and third gear due to the ratios and the engine torque.

John

Trippin
12-29-2002, 23:17
Dmaxin,
I was doing just fine, driving my new truck responsibly until you asked that question. I fought the power of suggestion for a few days but then the racer in me surfaced this afternoon. The answer is no, it didn't burn the tires. It sure felt like it wanted to, just didn't quite get there. :D

Bobcat698
12-29-2002, 23:57
Trippin, when that racer gets serious, let me know if a powerbrake will break the tires loose on asphalt please smile.gif

NWDmax
12-30-2002, 01:36
Let her come up on about 10lbs of boost and let the brake off as you mash the throttle.Very satisfying eraser of the tires in 1st then a gentle defuel and light em up again in 2nd.Get a little bark going into 3rd.I love this truck!
Blake

StevePala
12-30-2002, 06:29
For the past 13000 miles I've had this truck, that same question has come to mind several time.
Why can't a truck with all this power break loose the tires from a stand-still without power braking? I've got the hot juice stacked with a PPE computer reflash, a 5 inch straight exhaust, AFE filter/intake setup, and still no smoking rubber. All that power and no spinning tires, but it pulls out of the hole at an incredible rate. I guess it's time for the tranny upgrade, custom programing, and propane.

I think Indigo's right, more fuel at lower rpm, just what PPE is working on for me.

DMAXDiva
12-30-2002, 06:38
Hmmmm...guess I'm the lone wolf here. My pre-juice '02 would "peel out" a bit from a stop with the original 245's (maybe it's due to living at sea level here...???) but once I put the 285's on that came to an end. I could powerbrake the 285's loose, but only for a few feet...

Now that Hot Juice tells a WHOLE different story! :eek: I'm curious to see what she'd do paired up with my new ZO6....well, uh nevermind :rolleyes:

[ 12-30-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

hoot
12-30-2002, 06:51
It can't peel out cause you don't have that power until you get the boost up. That's why you need the powerbrake. Ever watch a truck pull? They sit there and power brake until it looks like a freight train. Then they launch.

I too noticed a big drop in launch power when going to larger diameter tires.

sdaver
12-30-2002, 09:04
hey steve im real curious about the stack. drop me an email with a number ill call you back......thanks dave..dvgamble@bellsouth.net

hdmax(mike)
12-30-2002, 09:07
With out the propane my truck will bark the tires if the road surface is cold (like 20-30* range) With propane I can not start to quick or the tires will break loose easy.

While towing the Travel trailer I can spin the tires at will with or without propane starting out.

chuntag95
12-30-2002, 16:41
No brake, no squel. Run it up to 2000 and lift the left while mashing the right and it will.