PDA

View Full Version : got Juiced at the the Nascar Race

Texas Bulldog
03-31-2003, 11:58
We just got back from the Nascar races at Texas Motor Speedway, wow what a great time. And guess who I was camped next to, a Performance chip dealer. Needless to say by the end of the weekend my Juice was installed and OMG does it ever make a difference. I will be installing gauges in the near future but would like to hear from the pro's here about the do's and don'ts until I get gauged up.
The trip back, about 200 miles, was unbelievable, I'm not a hotrodder when pulling my fiver, but I put it on cruise at 70mph in level 2 and it never downshifted going up a hill, never had that happen before. When I unhooked the trailer and went for a drive, in level 4 I just can't believe it's the same truck.
Mike :cool:

a64pilot
03-31-2003, 12:21
Texas,
Please monitor your EGT's. All of that extra power comes in the form of heat. Too much heat is a bad thing IMHO.

imported_
03-31-2003, 17:06
same as what a64pilot said..... get the gauges... now!!!!

IndigoDually
03-31-2003, 17:13
I would definitely not pull Your fiver without gauges. I notice a rise in egt's when I am pulling and I am not running any mods. The gauges are simple to install and are a very cheap insurance policy.

John

huntindog
03-31-2003, 17:32
I've noticed that I would have to drive like an idiot to get the temps too high,,,,, when empty.
Towing anything without the gauges is extremly risky!!!!!

XLR8 2 DMAX
04-01-2003, 00:01
My EGT hit 1300 going 0-80 on flat ground in level 4, maybe 10 or 12 seconds. My point is, it doesn't take very long for temperatures to reach critical level, I was very surprised. Get gauges before playing as soon as possible