PDA

View Full Version : OLDER Duramax injector issues?

56Nomad
03-31-2003, 17:50
George Morrison just wrote in the previous thread:
"OLDER Duramax injector issues"

George, would you be refering to the 2001 engines
and are you including 2002 engines....... or are you
refering to any of the engines with higher mileage?

Thanks

Howard

[ 03-31-2003: Message edited by: 56Nomad ]</p>

dmaxalliTech
03-31-2003, 20:49
56, I am not trying to answer for George, but its known that 01 and early 02s (not sure breakpoint) had softer seats in their injectors. late 02 and current injectors use a hardened seat, which corolates with the lower number of failures on these trucks. We are being advised by tech assist that when servicing injectors on early trucks, that its recommended to try and get approval from the district SM for replacement of all on the affected bank, due to the known problems

a bear
03-31-2003, 21:07
dmaxalliTech,
Is there any way to find out which we have. My truck was assembled in 6/02. Not sure about the engine though. :confused:

More Power
04-01-2003, 10:48
dmaxalliTech,

We need to see some GM documentation on this injector seat issue before anyone gets all worked up.

I know lots of early '01's that don't have a problem with their injectors (mine included).

MP

dmaxalliTech
04-01-2003, 18:40
MorePower, I couldnt agree more that documentation would be very helpfull, unfortunatly, I cant find any. I am going off the information I recieve from TAC regarding this and have heard it from other sources as well. I think that clean fuel is the answer to preventing failures. Indeed I do not want to get the pot stirred on this early/late injector issue. smile.gif