PDA

View Full Version : another Juice installed!

biker Wayne
07-18-2003, 07:36
I've joined the ranks of those that have been Juiced! Installed Wednesday night, but didn't get the programming right. Yesterday set normal trans to level 4 and tow/haul to level 2. Juice works great. Only 1 problem, I haul a 350 pound motorcycle loader in the bed all the time and along with the Line-X, running boards, air bags, compressor and some tools in the back, I CAN'T BREAK THE TIRES LOOSE FROM A STOP! :( I've got stock 245s, but my truck weighs 7400 pounds with me and a full tank of fuel. O well, minor inconvenience for the additional power. ;) It goes from 0 to 50 in a 45 mph zone REAL quick. First pull will be today. Gross combined will be about 18,000 pounds (yes, I know this is nothing compared to what some of you guys pull). Should be interesting.
Just a note: when I went for a spin Wednesday night, the Alli wasn't used to the additional power and didn't shift well. 1st to 2nd was late and 2nd to 3rd was early. I've got the newer TCM updates which puts tow/haul in fast learn mode. Switched over to tow/haul and went thru the gears once (all shifted fine), then went back to normal trans and the Alli knew exactly how to shift with the new found power.

sdaver
07-18-2003, 07:54
give the allison some time to adjust to the new power..........for a wheel roast left foot on brake..... power brake to 1200 to 1500 rpms and let it rip.....you gotta build alittle boost. Im gonna buy some more goodyear stock :D dave

Joe.G
07-18-2003, 17:07
I upgraded my juice to hot, took it out for a spin, braked to 1400 rpm, made about 2 turns on the tires and thought this will be a good one! I was wrong, tran. shifted to 2nd and blew the tires off, let off and stomped again, tires spun and shifted to 3rd, then the fun began, truck started fishtailing, looked in the r/v mirror and saw 2 black marks going left to right. Power was totally unbelievable for a truck this heavy.

2001HD 2500 ext/cab s/b 2/wd w/94000 miles

mackin
07-18-2003, 19:40
Welcome to the club ...
Tiss a blast ...

Mac ;)

biker Wayne
07-21-2003, 06:18
Towing update: I went north on I-94 and I-43 into Wisconsin. Wind was out of the north at 15 to 20 mph. My trailer is 12 feet tall and 8 feet 6 inches wide, so I catch a lot of wind. Not only did the the truck pulled every hill in 5th, it only lost 1 mph with the cruise control set. The Juice is AEWSOME for pulling. I would not have believed the added power from level 2 when pulling. Even my wife was impressed when I mashed the go pedal from a stop light. Almost like the trailer wasn't there compared to stock.
I'm very pleased with the Juice. Now if it would only break the tires loose when not pulling in level 4. Guess I will save the Alli instead.

Bullseye54
07-21-2003, 07:04
Wayne,

Thats the same frontal area as my 5th wheel,& about 12000lbs.What kind of EGT were you running with that.I,m trying to decide if I can go with the hot juice on level 1.

biker Wayne
07-21-2003, 11:44
Bullseye54,
Hot juice level 1 is 60 hp and regular juice level 2 is 60 hp, so they are the same.
I was so anxious to get the juice on before this weekend, I haven't put on the pyro yet (yes, I know I should have the pyro on before using the juice). I just took it easy and didn't pull any hills in 4th gear above 2500 rpm; I didn't need to shift down anyway. It was amazing to set the cruise at 67 (1950 rpm) and only drop 1 mph going into a 15 to 20 mph wind uphill! Although I-43 doesn't have any steep, long hills, the Duramax should seemed to PULL.