PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with New Toy

birddriver
07-18-2003, 10:38
Well I've Been reading this board for over a year now. I finally got My Dmax and figured I,d become a member too.
I ordered it without carpet and all the dealers I taked to thought that was the wierdist thing they had ever heard of. Anyway it has the tow mirrors, cab lights, aluminum wheels, bench seat (so no Bose, bummer), steering wheel controls, G-80 ect.
I love this Truck but I have not seen it in a week, my wife snatched it and went to the family farm 90 miles north of here (man, I miss my truck) o'well she should be home today.

Sunday we will be leaving for Minot, N. Dakota so I will have a report of its performance after that 4000 mile trip.

D'Max_2_DA_Max
07-18-2003, 10:53
I love this Truck but I have not seen it in a week, birdriver,
I just got mine 6/14/03 and I travel for business, gone during the week and I miss her while I'm gone. Driving a rental car just don't cut it, I don't care how nice it is it ain't a D'Max!! Good LUCK with yours. Did you ever see this acronym for LUCK? Living Under Christ's Kindness Lovin Him & Mine :D :D :D

[ 07-18-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: D'Max_2_DA_Max ]

sonofagun
07-18-2003, 11:11
Bird driver,

Welcome to the world of DMAX, You're gona love it!

Be safe on the road, it's a long way from Texas to NO. Dakota or anywhere, for that matter!!

Regards,
Bob

Texas Red Wagon
07-18-2003, 16:19
Bird Driver
Congrats on the new truck. I just joined this page myself. I too have been reading alot of the post for awhile, these guy sure have alot of good info.
You might as well buy one for your wife, if you plan on driving one again.

Scott

Maverick
07-18-2003, 17:34
I ordered it without carpet and all the dealers I taked to thought that was the wierdist thing they had ever heard of. If I could order an LT with a rubber floor I would. To bad you can only do a carpet 'Delete' on a LS. Us cattle and horse haulers want to haul in style but not worry about spilling a cup of coffee or having a piece of horse crap on your boot. Those big ass floor mats that look like a rubber boat look ugly and are cumbersome. Carpet is for your grandma'a car.

BTW, welcome aboard.

Burner
07-18-2003, 22:06
Fully loaded truck "with carpet" arrives at dealer. Upon request, the Salesman has the carpet removed and a "rubber" floor mat installed at the shop. Customer gives Salesman 100 (cash) over part and labor cost. Customer will not worry about "cutting his foot" and getting in the truck, nor the smell that could linger with carpet. ;)

I would like a good O'le vinyl headliner. Most of the fabric seems to absorb soo much odor.

Burner-------> :D

Oongawah
07-19-2003, 12:12
Cool acronym D'Max_2_DA_Max.

I didn't believe in luck until now(hehe).