PDA

View Full Version : Injectors going

Zapper
10-06-2005, 09:37
My 02 has about 60K on it. I've noticed in the last few months the oil level creeping up on the dipstick. I dropped a spot on some white paper as suggested here, and have two distict rings. If this idicates fuel in the oil, then my question is, have many owners experienced dealers only replacing the "bad" injectors or do most just replace all of them. My truck runs and starts fine and I haven't noticed any power loss, this could be gradual though. I have noticed a drop in fuel milage.
Thanks, Lanny

Kennedy
10-06-2005, 12:31
An eninge oil analysis would be a good thing to have to show the content of fuel in your oil.

MIKE MOG
10-09-2005, 15:26
I was comming back from Hilton Head last July and stopped to wait for my friend on the freeway. When I started I noticed the engine had a miss. [I was pulling a trailer.] I did also notice a heavy knock. I took it to a dealer and they found #2 fuel injector was over fueling. I did not bother to tell them IM a tech for a dealer back home due to the fact that the last time I did that at another dealer they blew me off. They did in fact only replaced the #2 fuel injector. IM kinda freeked out about the others going.
Mike